Latest Service Pack

Hi,

I’m building myself a computer, with an AMD 64 processor. I have a windows XP x64 bit ISO. Id like to know what the latest service pack for x64 is so that I can integrate it, if someone could post a download link that would be very helpful. Is the Integration method the same as that for 32 bit? Also Can someone tell me if I can use my x86 (32 bit) XP pro key code on XP x64 (64 bit).

Thanks

Matt

Edited by Lord-Beldingfield

The latest service pack is SP1, double check and make sure it isn't already installed. I can't seem to find the download for it on microsofts website.

With the license you cannot transfer it, for a while they had a thing going where you could pay some more money and they'de let you trade it. But that ended a while ago. So, you're stuck with either the 32bit version or buying the 64bit version.

Hello,

I thought as much, but I raised the question about the latest x64 SP because I saw dabs selling Windows XP x64 SP2B. Here is the link:http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=44S0&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=windows+xp&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=50310

Weird.

Thanks,

Matt

Beta Refresh 2 for Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 is released!

Windows Serviceability is pleased to announce the release of Beta Refresh 2 (build 2805) of Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition customers.

This build contains:

Roll up of hotfixes released to date

Roll up of security updates released to date

Fixes for bugs reported by Beta customers and other known issues on previous Service Pack 2 builds

Fix for Volume Licensing customers who are using Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

This build should *only* be used for test purposes in your environment. The goal of this refresh is to capture early feedback before the RC release on the changes taken after Beta Refresh 1. So please focus on running the installation and setup scenarios in your environments by using build 2805.

We will review all reported issues in the Release Candidate build. In order to have a stable test environment we strongly recommend un-installation of any previous SP2 builds from your machines before installing build 2805.

In addition to the release notes for Beta Refresh 1, the only known issue with this build is the following:

Due to a recent installer change, the update package of build 2805 will not install on Windows Server 2003 Small Business Server. This issue will be fixed in the next refresh.

Here is the list of releases:

Windows Server 2003 R2 Editions integrated with SP2 (32-bit x86): English, German and Japanese

Windows Server 2003 R2, x64 Editions integrated with SP2: English and Japanese

Windows Server 2003 for Itanium-based Systems integrated with SP2: English, German and Japanese

Standalone update packages: English, German and Japanese

Source : Microsoft Connect

Hey,

Does anyone know where i can download Windows XP Professional x64 Service Pack 1? I cant find a download link anywhere. I want to integrate it into XP disc.

Thanks

Windows XP x64 and Windows Server 2003 x64 are actually both the same kernel, built from Windows Server 2003 SP1. Therefore, no new SP.