Top Performance

WildKat

There is a setting in my bios for top performance either enable or disable.

When I enable it, windows starts up but freezes after a minute or so. Does anyone know why this happens and what the top performance setting actually does?

Thanks.

I run corsair DDR 3500 (444 MHz) and I have mine set to 2 2 2. You need high performance ram to use these settings.

And it does help your system stability when overclocking, considering when overclocking the RAM is usually the first thing to be unstable.

Only if you're running that faster memory at the higher speeds. Honestly though, a faster processor will be a better (and possibly cheaper) investment to improve speed. Look up reviews of really fast memory and take note of how little an improvement it is compared to reviews of how much of a difference faster processors make.

my cpu is p4 3.06ghz with 533mhz bus so its not possible to upgrade cpu

ram is 1gb of generic ddr266

graphics is gf4 ti4600 128mb agp4x

would buying 1gb ddr333 to replace ddr266 make a difference? cant afford a new graphics card, and my mobo is agp 4x not 8x anyway

I'd go with the graphics card first. 1GB of high-end ram will run you nearly as much as a Radeon 9700 Pro or 9800 Pro, and not give you half the benefits.

Your ram is fine for now. :)

Comparison of RAM speeds. Look at the numbers at the bottom (e.g., 1604 etc.) and figure up a percentage difference between slow and fast RAM.

AGP 4x Vs AGP 8x:

1038633666ErUkRvpqlz_3_1_l.gif