Problem with nLite 1.2 RC

malcolmx

Hello everyone and welcome, I'm new here.

I've got some problem with nLite 1.2 RC, namely, when it comes to make ano bootable ISO, everything runs just fine, but when I try to boot from that image (in MS Vitual PC) nothing happens! I tried to boot phisycally, so burned that ISO on a CD and tried to boot on my PC, still no reaction........... I figured out that there is some problem with 'makeiso' engine.

Please somebody help me!! :(

And one more qustion. can I create nLited XP in nLite RC and just make ISO from it in nLite 1.01??

Hope You'll help me...

Edited by malcolmx

My first suggestion is to re-download the program and re-install it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with his "make ISO" engine.

Next, make sure the Windows Disk you're using can boot. If not, it's missing the necessary boot files and therefore the one you create with NLite won't have them.

Next, make sure the Windows Disk you're using can boot. If not, it's missing the necessary boot files and therefore the one you create with NLite won't have them.

There has to be something wrong with engine, because when I've nLited my Xp in nLite RC, and made ISO in nLite 1.01 everything was ok......

I got another question though, how can I maintain in nLite 1.2 RC Administrator account, one that stays usually intact, and after installing Win, log on to account that I've created during instalation.

It ought to be looking that way:

0. Administartor (intact, invisible in normal mode)

1.My own account (created during install, admin rights)

use ultraiso to write xp cd. Select bootable disk form menu and when it ask for boot imag(boot able file image ) give it boot.bin file that you can download form

WWW.bootdisk.com

and then burn it

it will work fine. If you unable to find that boot imag(boot.bin) then Pm me in yahoo....

end_user2006@yahoo.com

Bootable CD?What's the meaning of this? All XP CDs are bootable...

Could you clearify?

that's a response for your 1st post suggesting that 1.2RC has a broken engine and cannot make a bootable CD.

of course XP cd is bootable and so should be nlited one as long as it has boot files and they're not corrupted.

in my case nlited XP with 1.2RC is also bootable, so that's definitely not nlite issue.

try again the whole process with original XP cd and see what happens.

Bootable CD?What's the meaning of this? All XP CDs are bootable...

Could you clearify?

that's a response for your 1st post suggesting that 1.2RC has a broken engine and cannot make a bootable CD.

of course XP cd is bootable and so should be nlited one as long as it has boot files and they're not corrupted.

in my case nlited XP with 1.2RC is also bootable, so that's definitely not nlite issue.

try again the whole process with original XP cd and see what happens.

I had exactly the same problem and this fixed it!!! Thanks malcolmx