MVWare

nichos

Why do you keep saying MVWare when it's VMWare?

In the main prog toolbar, go to:

VM > Install VMWare Tools

(it doesn't say download in mine)

then inside the vm guest, look inside the CDROM. Double click on the msi to install.

NOTE: VMWare disables CDROM autorun, so that's why nothing happens when you choose Install VMWare Tools.

You also find the iso inside the VMWare prog folder if you want it for some reason.

Edited by Takeshi

O Dear, sorry, VM VM VM VM, I wish I could upload a view of my opened VM Workstation and also the one when I click on "start this virtual machine", NONE has prog toolbar to get "VM > Install VMWare Tools".

What & where would the main prog be I wonder?

Well for goodnes's sake, now I see .....BUT...... this is what comes up now, WHY?

post-112397-1161068014_thumb.jpg

Waite a minute, something made me right click the left top icon and bingo, saw the "hide controls".

Somehow I must have changed it @~$%£&**!!

I opened VMworkstation, clicked it (at the bottom says you do not have tools installed) & asked to power it to get install UNgrayed, but in black screen it said "no bootable disk found", clicked "install tools" and for a long time now nothing happens.

What exactly do these tools do?. Will they allow me to install drivers etc in my VDisk XP, as I have not been able to do so before.

Please see my problems here:- http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=84372

Thanx nick

VMware Tools installs like a normal windows app. It will ask to reboot the machine once they're installed. Basically they install an SVGA driver for better graphics, support for shared folders and drag&drop, and several other tweaks. Most of your questions can be answered by reading the user manual.

Clicked install tools again, but nothing happens as before, how long does it take to install?

Please read Post#2 again more carefully. I don't want to keep repeating myself.

Most of your questions can be answered by reading the user manual.

Indeed! :yes:

Sorry, have no manual nor CD all I have is the workshio download for trial 32 days, and trying to see if I can hack it &/or usefull tome before I buy it.

Parhaps the frial does not allow tools download etc. My apologies if I mislead you.

Will try the MS one for practice first.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=At...st&id=14701

Try again:

Manual:

On the top toolbar, click on Help.

VMWare Tools:

Once you have installed the guest OS, start it up.

When it's running, release the mouse (Ctrl+Alt).

Then go to VM > Install VMWare Tools.

Then go back to the guest OS, go to My Computer > CD Rom

Double click on the msi inside.