Burning Software

MGadAllah

Hi Joe, glad Im not the only one that likes to burn things 'exactly how I want them', and that you found that program useful.

Im not exactly sure I follow your 'burn audio in the gaps' question, but if I understand you correctly, then I assume you simply want to be able to remove the gaps so that 'track 2' starts exactly where 'track 1' ends, so there is no silence on the disk... ? If so, yes that can be done with Discjuggler.

Yes, Nero gets bigger by the time. Also, it loads slowly.

That's why you use NCab if you're using v6 and grab Nero Lite for Nero 7. Loads slowly? Nero is the best, I've burned countless CDs/DVDs, never a coaster (provided you don't have several things running in the background otherwise you'll get buffer underflows regardless of what burning program you use) and it loads instantly. It may be because it has all that bundled software normally, for which you can relieve yourself of by grabbing the Lite version, or you may need to defragment your harddrive. :hello:

That option is not selected by default. I don't shutdown the PC after burning a DVD. It shouldn't be hard to do that with some knowledge of programming. ImgBurn is written using C++.

BTW, ImgBurn does NOT support unicode so characters from non-English file names won't be written correctly. Use Nero in that case.

Edited by Takeshi

unicode so characters from non-English file names won't be written correctly. Use Nero in that case.
That is true 100%. Actually it was one of the main reasons makes me keep nero :(

But something strange happened...I've bought a new sony dvd writer double layer the latest model, and the attached disk was for nero 6 reloaded, but it is tweaked some how that make it has more options and really FFAAAAAAAAAASSSSSST.

I think after trying so many tools I will stick to Nero 6 reloaded + PowerISO + Alcohol120%. :thumbup

Thanks a lot for all your replies guys, this post is really rich with many opinions.

unicode so characters from non-English file names won't be written correctly. Use Nero in that case.
That is true 100%. Actually it was one of the main reasons makes me keep nero :(

I don't agree! On my latest UACD, I've added some .LNK files named in Arabic. I used nLite to create the ISO and ImgBurn to burn it. Works fine!

I don't agree! On my latest UACD, I've added some .LNK files named in Arabic. I used nLite to create the ISO and ImgBurn to burn it. Works fine!

didyou set any options in ImdBurn!? or used default setup and default options

To install ImgBurn, I use /S and a JScript file. This is because I get two messages at installation time. I send i (ignore) for the first message and y (Yes) for the second message.

I install ImgBurn from LM-ROEX from CD (after the first boot).

When I burn, I change nothing at all except I uncheck Test and Verify.

After I press Play, I check Close Program and Shutdown (Why should I do this manually if I've already wanted to test my UACD by rebooting my PC?!!).

So, I change no settings at all.

What I did with version 1.3 I did with 2.1.