Integrating SATA and RAID drivers with HFSLIP

Oleg_II

Okay :blushing: I found out that I did not use the right folder for the ICH7 controller. There is a folder for a driver disk containing:

iaahci.cat

iaahci.inf

iastor.cat

iastor.inf

iastor.sys

textsetup.oem

Looks like the info contained in these .inf files is already in the storage.ini provided in this thread. Ill give it another try WITH the correct files.

(switching back to JMicron controller)

Maybe I should write Jraid instead of jraid?

iaahci.inf

iastor.inf

Edited by Tinnitus

Now he found the driver on the CD and detected my RAID 1 Volume. I installed Windows and rebooted and get a message that Windows could not access the hardisk folders for some reason.

Update: Started Rescue mode and did a bootcfg /rebuild which correctly adds a multi(0)... boot entry to boot.ini. Afterwards he searches for iastor.sys or iastor.sy_ and I have to select the i386 folder manually. Cannot this be done automatically?

Edited by Tinnitus

Have to look into installation INF. I'm going to the airport in a few minutes. Come back in a few hours or tomorrow (hopefully my flight won't be delayed - it's raining here).

You can try without chipset drivers in STORAGE folder first (or place them into OEM folder on CD or into DRIVERS folder before HFSLIPing).

A quick look (try this STORAGE.INI):

[scsi]
iastor = "Intel SATA RAID Controller"

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C6&CC_0104 = "iastor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2682&CC_0104 = "iastor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_0104 = "iastor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0104 = "iastor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2682&CC_0104 = "iastor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_0104 = "iastor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0104 = "iastor"

Check if there are lines in TXTSETUP.SIF (or they a bit different):

[sourceDisksFiles]iaahci.cat = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

iaahci.inf = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

iastor.cat = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

iastor.inf = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

iastor.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

[sCSI.Load]

iastor = iastor.sys,4

My flight was delayed :realmad:

Edited by Oleg_II

• 2 weeks later...

x-pert :)

I think HFSLIP won't work with folders.

By the way, I was on the computer market in GZ last weekend trying to buy a motherboard with a controller which needs a floppy during install. I coundn't find one :wacko: All new motherboards support SATA drives during installation without using floppy. I even found one with a couple of floppies but XP installedj fine on it without using them :blink:

I learnt that drivers should be installed after system installation in order to use all potential of SATA drives.

Edited by Oleg_II

Oleg!

Welcome back... :)

Go in the BIOS and see if you can set the controller to RAID. Normally, this should configure the controller for JBOD mode if you only have a single drive connected to it. I think Windows will require a floppy then...

I suspected something about RAID. That is why I stated only SATA :rolleyes: But as I know nearly nothing about this. I didn't buy the motherboard I just tried to install XP with SATA by default in one friend's shop.

I'm having a problem integrating the IBM ServerRAID 8 SAS RAID drivers into a Windows 2003 SP1 install.

The slipstreamed install picks up the SAS controller just fine during textmode install but when the OS is fully installed no RAID device shows up in the Device Manager.

The file ARCSAS.SYS is in my HFSlip\HFEXPERT\STORAGE folder and the following is in my storage.ini file:

;--------------------------------------------------
; Adaptec RAID controllers Storport miniport for IBM SAS based ServeRAID HBAs

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_02f21014 = "arcsas", "IBM ServeRAID 8i Controller"
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_02989005 = "arcsas", "Adaptec SAS RAID 4000SASx Controller"
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_02999005 = "arcsas", "Adaptec SAS RAID 4800SAS Controller"
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_029A9005 = "arcsas", "Adaptec SAS RAID 4805SAS Controller"
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_02A49005 = "arcsas", "ICP SAS RAID ICP9085LI Controller"
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_02A59005 = "arcsas", "ICP SAS RAID ICP5085BR Controller"
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0286&SUBSYS_95801014 = "arcsas", "IBM ServeRAID 8k/8k-l Controller"
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0286&SUBSYS_95401014 = "arcsas", "IBM ServeRAID 8L Controller"
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0286&SUBSYS_02A29005 = "arcsas", "Adaptec SAS RAID 4810SAS Controller"
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0286&SUBSYS_02A39005 = "arcsas", "ICP SAS RAID ICP5085AU Controller"

[SCSI]
arcsas = "IBM ServeRAID SAS Controller"

;--------------------------------------------------

Running "DEVCON hwids * " shows none of the PCI ids of the ServeRAID HBA and without the ability to check if a ServeRAID card is in the system I can't really determine if I should install the ServeRAID Manager application.

I've attached the original inf file for the arcsas driver.

Any ideas?

arcsas.inf

Edited by Ausmith1

I have

ITE IT8212 ATA RAID Controller and Silicon Image SiI 3x12 SATALink Controller

The ITE device identifier is

PCI\VEN_1283&DEV_8212&SUBSYS_00011283&REV_10\4&3B1D9AB8&0&6040

The Sil device identifier is

PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3112&SUBSYS_31121095&REV_02\4&3B1D9AB8&6840

both are not working for me.

I have attached my storage folder as a zip file.

Thanks in advance.

Hello All,

I'm trying to get a HP laptop with a Intel 82801GBM AHCI working and I've got my disk burned but in the text part of the install i get the error:

iastor.sys [sourseDiskFiles]

it says it's corrupt or not present. I copied the manufacturers disk to the /HFSLIP/HSEXPERT/STORAGE/ folder and also added the storage.ini file.

would this error involve the SATA issues or HFSLIP problems in general.

I'm a first time user of HFSLIP.

Thanks for any help. Great string btw.