Multi OS on one pc Help

jwesley44

Hello Everyone . This is all new to me and im curious if I can install idendical hard drives ( MAXTOR SATA ULTRA 16 250 GB 7200 RPM ATA 150 )

and

Install different operating systems that i want to try .

be Proficient at switching between them . Help

Knoppix64 3.4 2004-05-31 for AMD64

Slamd64 10.2 for x86_64

Solaris 10 06/06 - DVD

64 Studio 0.9.4 for x86_64

I have WIN : XP PRO. 64

ASUS MOTHERBOARD. SOCKET 939 FOR AMD CPU NVIDIA nFORCE 4 SLI. SUPPORTS DUEL PCI-e VGA CARDS. ANVANCED OVERCLOCKING FEATURES.

AMD ATHLON 64 DUEL-CORE PROCESSOR 4400 PLUS 2.21 GHz 1 GB RAM .

MAXTOR HARD DRIVE. SATA ULTRA 16 250 GB 7200 RPM ATA 150 16 MB CACHE.( NVIDIA eGeFORCE 6600 GT. GRAPHICS CARD

SONY 19 IN FLAT PANEL LCD MONITOR SDMHS95PS

I am interested in working with videos ( ulead video studio 9 ) or Gimp , photos - Photoshop and lessons , Mostly interested in recording live tv , burning videos for my poor brother who no longer resides in this country but Ecuador .

So another question is are there different processors i can use ( install ) that is compatable with the ASUS A8n sli deluxe that might be better then what i have for the best Multi Media functions ?

Thanks Johnny

You don't even need to swap the bootable drive in the BIOS. I use System Commander from V-Com.

http://www.v-com.com/product/System_Commander_Home.html

I run:

Knoppix

Windows 2000 Pro

Windows XP (Home, Pro, and Media Center)

Windows Vista (Build 5744)

When the computer comes on the program asks what OS you wnat to boot to and then it does all the work for you.

It is not free, but it is the best. I have been using it for about 7 years (different releases of course) and have not had a single issue related to the software.

Cheers,

Edited by sdax2

Thank you that was very helpful but ok now if i want to add another drive install many other OS . i can access it in my computer ? TC Johnny

You don't even need to swap the bootable drive in the BIOS. I use System Commander from V-Com.

http://www.v-com.com/product/System_Commander_Home.html

I run:

Knoppix

Windows 2000 Pro

Windows XP (Home, Pro, and Media Center)

Windows Vista (Build 5744)

When the computer comes on the program asks what OS you wnat to boot to and then it does all the work for you.

It is not free, but it is the best. I have been using it for about 7 years (different releases of course) and have not had a single issue related to the software.

Cheers,