After latest windows update the IE6 doesn't allow opening a new wi

jhn

Hei

Using nlite, I have modified XP SP2 install disc and removed a lot of services and windows components. Still all was working fine until this weeks microsoft update. After that IE6 doesn't open any new window. Not automatically for certain pages, but not even when chosing "Open in new window".

Any idea what I did wrong? Before the update, IE6 done well!

I remove KB924496, installed in last WU, from my Windows (Brazilian portuguese) and the problem stopped.

So, I removed KB924496 and IE works fine. But after reinstalling updates the problem presents again.

alright this may be in the realm of conspiracy theories but is it possible they could have done this deliberately so the soon-to-be released IE7 would look that much more attractive to people ? Also, it's possible that the file that's f*ked up by this patch might be replaced by a newer version when IE7 ships - again, making it that much more attractive of a downoad and then MS could claim we've had this many millions of IE7 downloads in the first week :angel

Edited by johndoe74

alright this may be in the realm of conspiracy theories but is it possible they could have done this deliberately so the soon-to-be released IE7 would look that much more attractive to people ? Also, it's possible that the file that's f*ked up by this patch might be replaced by a newer version when IE7 ships - again, making it that much more attractive of a downoad and then MS could claim we've had this many millions of IE7 downloads in the first week :angel

Correct, installing IE7 RC1 solves the problem completely. Unfortunately my computer is a dinosaur and IE6 is the fastest browser available.