Intergrating Update Packs

trazden1

Hi all,

Ok i dont know if this can be done...

Can you change nlite to intergrate update packs after service packs and before component removal.

I my self run nlite once to intergrate SP2 and RVM update pack, then again to remove components and set my tweaks. (im not sure if other ppl do this to hehe)

If i run nlite once to intergrate SP2, Update pack, component removal and tweaks, it leaves langs behind when i run nlite again, which i beleave the update pack adds langs to the windows install.

Hope this makes sense :P

*EDIT*

Are theses services able to be added for removel

ProtectedStorage

Security Accounts Manager

SSDP Discovery Service

Traz

Edited by trazden1

id integrate SP2 into your xp source and burn it to cd. then u wont have to repeat that step.

then id run nlite once for integrating update packs and run nlite a second time for everything else.

those services cannot be removed with nlite 1.0.1. im not sure about the newer versions.

That would help hehe

Im just thinking it would be better to work with all the files up to date before removing anything (which adds features and langs to the install) then only removing the langs and features which come with SP2. If that makes sense hehe

Traz

*EDIT*

Is there any chance remote access (remote desktop) can be removed

Allso with RMV update pack installed theres a folder in windows DIR (Network Diagnostic) its a program for checking your network connection for problems seems kind of use less if u ask me lol. :P

Tweak requests..

Unload dll's from memory

Disable Performance logs

(Reg files added below)

Disable_Performance_logs.reg

Unload_Dll_s.reg

Edited by trazden1

Im also having problems with the tweak Removing "Shared Documents" from "My Computer" iv added my last session if it helps at all..

Iv mentioned this before.. Timezone. when i set my zone (perth) it always goes back to default when installing windows, not sure if its something iv done..

Traz

Last_Session.ini

Edited by trazden1