audio problem with windvd plat. 5

christopher

i don't know what the problem is, i just cant get any audio with my windvd platinum 5.0 -- i'm not a complete id***, i dont have my speakers on mute or anything, and the volume is up on the program, but i'm just not sure what's going on.

i've had this problem for a while. i basically still use windvd platinum to capture shots of certain films i've created on my own, but i'd really like to be able to watch/listen too.

i have powerdvd as well, but it's so sketchy. but im less concerned with that. i'd be more content if my windvd plat worked to it's ability.

thanks for any/all help.

any FREE alternative programs that can play videos/sound and capture pictures is also helpful (link provide please).

they must play .VRO files

i can play these in WMP... but its horrible. i cant capture anything (but at least i get visual/audio), and the slider on the bottom only shows all the discs are a minute long.. when they're a good 15-28 mins each.. so i have to F w/ the slider and position it weird and somehow diff parts show up and it sucks.

Hi Chris i am not sure what is causing that problem, might be related to audio codecs. Try reinstalling WinDVD. Also try MediaPlayerClassic, its free and can take snapshots. :)

btw pm'd you about your signature, its too large see the rules.

:realmad:

i actually wound up getting windvd plat 7 and it's just fine, i like it a lot.

dont like wmp classic that much.

now as far as editing .vro files and converting them..

don't know of any programs that i can edit .vro files with

or any that convert them to avi or mpeg, whichever is best to burn to dvd.

that's my next problem.

i hate the fact that i have to work with .vro files in the first place, but that's all the camcorder converts to.