Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been trying to install it all day and hasn't worked. I am downloading the newst version now, didn't notice it when i originally read this thread. Hopefully it will work. I haven't been able to find any information on the casue of the problem either. I'll post again after this next attempt at installation.

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying to install on 32 bit xp pro with sp3. Internet went out 1/2 way through the waik download so i have to start that over again. I had to reinstall xp a few days ago also, and i left the filesystem intact rather than reformat. I wasn't sure if this was causing problems as well, reinstalling without reformatting seems to leave xp a bit slippery. ha. thanks again, i'll reply with my outcome.

Let us know how you go installing on SP3 NG for me I'm afraid.

On xp pro x86 or x64 (both SP2) it crashes all the time with Vista SP1, that's why I use it only for references voor tools like vista-tools. When you use the basic Vista it don't crash! It create the catalogue but I kan't make changes, so I use my own Autounattend

M$ is turning us crazy with deploysoftware that don't work remarked as open-source?

As of BDD and WAIK.

I use vista-tools to prepare, vLite for SP1, hotfixes and drivers and than again Vista-tools for image creation.

Well, it installs all but at last step (system configuration issue) it keeps in a loop... :-) forever!

regards

::: Spoof! bent je online? pm me dan aub :::

Edited by Raspro

Let us know how you go installing on SP3 NG for me I'm afraid.

On xp pro x86 or x64 (both SP2) it crashes all the time with Vista SP1, that's why I use it only for references voor tools like vista-tools. When you use the basic Vista it don't crash! It create the catalogue but I kan't make changes, so I use my own Autounattend

M$ is turning us crazy with deploysoftware that don't work remarked as open-source?

As of BDD and WAIK.

I use vista-tools to prepare, vLite for SP1, hotfixes and drivers and than again Vista-tools for image creation.

Well, it installs all but at last step (system configuration issue) it keeps in a loop... :-) forever!

regards

::: Spoof! bent je online? pm me dan aub :::

we fixed that already, see ryanvm

no luck with sp3 and uninstalling it caused a nightmare, ha. tried once so far with sp2, seems to be crashing in the same spot as with sp3. I'll check out the software you listed, this waik is is terrible. I can't believe they released this software. glad i don't do this for a living, i do it just because. thanks again for all help, gotta go see if i can tear up xp anymore than it already is.

Just found some corrupt files on a hard drive. I believe they are the culprit of my problems. gonna reboot into safe mode later clean things up.

Now it seems everything I download is corrupt. It's almost not funny anymore. If I ever do get this installed i'll upgrade to sp3 and see if it still works. All i'm trying to do is install vista home premium 64 on my pc, but that won't install either. I know i'm missing something very obvious, right in front of my face. Hopefully it hits me like a ton of bricks soon. I've downloaded apps so many times my hard drivews are leaking corrupt files all over my carpet.

Still haven't gotten a download that isn't corrupt. I did find a problem in my vista folders, some of the filenames had gotten too long. So I just moved teh all tfe folders to C:\ and named the top folder Vista. Working on burning a DVD now.

Edited by FaceMouth

Tried to run WSIM from File->Select Distribution Share, but I have an error:

41365083zn5.th.jpg

8:44 PM : 
8:44 PM : Windows System Image Manager execution failed.
8:44 PM :
8:44 PM : System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo
nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo
nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.Program.Main(String[] args)

No luck with this WAIK in XP.

Although xp claims my vista home premium sp1 is corrupt every time i download it, i butned it to DVD and got to about 30% of files extracted before i got an error (0xC0000005). The little bit of reading up on it so far is leading me to belieeve it's a memory problem. Also, when I overclock my the bios is posting my cpu as being underclockeed, and in windows it is factory speed. going to reinstall the bios later, hopefully that solves the rest of my problems. After i get Vista installed I'll try installing waik on xp sp3. This is driving me nuts not knowing why this program will not download and/or install correctly. good luck to you, I think I've tried every possible download at least 3 times each so far, lol.

Ok, finally got vista installing after verifying i have a bad stick of RAM. So there was the caause of all my crashes and mysterious OS problems. I still have xp installed so i'll give WAIK a try with sp3.

Edited by FaceMouth

Successful install of WAIK on xp sp3. I downloaded and burned it in vista, did this initially to make sure it would install since vista downloads faster. I'm going to try downloading and installing it directluy from windows now.

And it worked. I download AIK burned it and installed it. All on xop with xp3. Went off without a hitch the first try. That bad stick of ram i have was the cause of all my problems

Edited by FaceMouth

• 10 months later...

help me i need help on installing Walk :(

im using ms windows vista home premium sp1

i did install the latest version of walk which are recommended and the old version but there is no setup inside??

it did says burn it into dvd and i did but nothng happend :(

iam still a newbee here :) need help..