Microsoft .net Framwork 2.0 for Winpe boot.wim

mattffrost

I am using BDD 2007 3.0.74 to deploy Windows Vista using Winpe. Does anyone know what files and registry settings to add to the boot.wim to get Microsoft .net Framwork to work with WINPE?

I know the install.wim already has the framwork installed and I am trying to take those files and registry setting to add to the boot.wim. I think I am pretty close but can not quite get there.

Any help would greatly be apreciated.

Matt

I haven't tried this, but here's what a quick google search found: .net fw 2.0 plugin for BartPE And WinPE. It's a beta though. There is another plugin for the old v1.1 fw too.

If it works reliably, I just may start making apps for WinPE/BartPE - and using it a lot more. They REALLY shot themselves in the foot by not including .net support.

Edited by crahak

Being first idea or not is irrelevant. I don't see how anyone could even think this is a .NET framework wrapper for WinPE. The page very clearly described what it is (an AJAX lib - as the name implies too), and there's not even a mention of Win PE either. And if you've seen "several commercial wrappers", then I guess they're all mostly like that - unrelated stuff. I've NEVER seen one, and I did search. Then again, I doubt MS would let companies hack their framework and sell it (redistributing without license code that's been hacked to work and is likely somewhat unreliable and could make the system seem unstable damaging its reputation). So I don't see Redmond letting that happen in the first place.

As for free ones, there is, and I've already linked to it (links and infos can be found on www.911cd.net)

Anyways. Have a good vacation...

Edited by crahak

Thanks for all the reply's.

I have used the link

http://colinfinck.de/en/peplugs/dotnetfx20pe/

for Windows XP winpe but this does not work for the new Windows Vista BDD 2007.

I am also going to look at the:

http://www.remotesoft.com/linker/

but it does not say it supports Windows Vista either.

The BDD 2007 Winpe is available to everyone unlike the Winpe 2005 and 2004 that was only available to certain people. I hope it eventually catches on like BARTPE where things like getting the .net installed will happen.

The new BDD 2007 currently comes with all the versions of Windows Vista bundled in. You just have to supply the correct product ID to install the one you want. What is so frustrating is that each install has a intall.wim. You can use a microsoft tool imagex.exe to open this install.wim and see how the framework is installed. The BDD 2007 WINPE uses a boot.wim which again you can use the imagex.exe to look at it. I have tried many times to take the files and registry setting from the intall.wim to the boot.wim. I think I am very close but I am missing just a few files.

I think the think that makes me the most upset is the way I got the framework to work with winpe 2005 is not working with BDD 2007 Windows vista even though its the same 2.0 framwork. The Windows Vista uses some different files I take it.

If anyone is interest in attainging bdd2007 let me know as I am a beta member testing it and if I find a solution to this I will post it.