Creative Vista RC1 drivers...

Nakatomi2010

If anyone is interested Creative released their new RC1 drivers today...

Vista x64:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/d...p;x=31&y=17

Vista x86:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/d...p;x=19&y=23

I posted this in the general RC2 thread, but figured it would get more attention here...

I'm currently using the x64 drivers in build 5744 and I AM getting 5.1 surround sound... Beautiful surround sound too I might add...

Now all I need are my ATi RC2 drivers and I'm set....

I have Audigy 2 ZS on a AMD 64 system. Windows Vista 5744 x86 works fine but x64 version does not. I downloaded and installed the drivers and it appears no problem as far as the Device Manager indicates. If I attempt to play a MP3, WMA encoded music or CD, the bar indicator on WMP starts moving and the volume contol bar graph shows that music is being played. But there is no audio from the speaker system.

What could be wrong?

You're not using the creative drivers... I had to install them manually, look at the date of the drivers when you're looking at its propertied within the device manager, if it says anything earlier than 9/28/2006 (roughly) than it's not the right driver.... To install it manually you'll need to decompress their .exe (I used WinRAR) and tell Vista you have the disk and point it there, don't let it search for the driver....

If anyone is interested Creative released their new RC1 drivers today...

Vista x64:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/d...p;x=31&y=17

Vista x86:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/d...p;x=19&y=23

I posted this in the general RC2 thread, but figured it would get more attention here...

I'm currently using the x64 drivers in build 5744 and I AM getting 5.1 surround sound... Beautiful surround sound too I might add...

Now all I need are my ATi RC2 drivers and I'm set....

nakatomi do you have an AMD cpu as well? just wondering if your guys issue of having to decompress the drivers and install them manually is related, on my machine for 64bit the installer went through fine (intel core duo) install as admin (the actual admin) always install drivers and software as the actual admin, even if you account is in the administrative group, there are things that it cannot do that the admin account can do. Oh but i do agree the sound is just beautiful comping from vista, i switched back to XP and it pales by camparison

You're not using the creative drivers... I had to install them manually, look at the date of the drivers when you're looking at its propertied within the device manager, if it says anything earlier than 9/28/2006 (roughly) than it's not the right driver.... To install it manually you'll need to decompress their .exe (I used WinRAR) and tell Vista you have the disk and point it there, don't let it search for the driver....

I downloaded the driver file from the link in your post, decompressed it and manually installed the drivers by pointing a folder where the decompressed files are. The date and the version as shown in the properties of the installed driver are 9/18/2006 and 6.0.1.1220. The problem symptom remains the same as stated in my original post.

I downloaded the driver file from the link in your post, decompressed it and manually installed the drivers by pointing a folder where the decompressed files are. The date and the version as shown in the properties of the installed driver are 9/18/2006 and 6.0.1.1220. The problem symptom remains the same as stated in my original post.

did you install the drivers as the admin or as your own account? make sure you install all drivers and apps as the administrator, an account with admin rights is no longer the same, see if that helps

Nakatomi2010:

That solved my problem. Thank you very much for your advice.

What I did previously was that I started the process by clicking setup.exe which is in the root of a folder where the deceompressed files and folders are. Then the process stalled when a message "Updatijng Windows drivers. This will take a few minutes" was being displayed. So, I aborted the process, opened a sub-folder, "Drivers" and clicked "Setup.exe" in there to begin installing the drivers and the process was completed. But the result was as I previously posted. This time I logged on as Administrator and the install process for the drivers and Console did not stall.

BTW: I could install the drivers and Console on Windows Vista x86(5744) as a user in Administrators group.