SBS 2003 Exchange Mail Problems

swancd

Customers server crashed over night. They rebooted server and logged in OK.

When we login to their web access they don't have anything in their INBOX but when we scroll down to a folder called SYNC ISSUES -> SERVER FAILURES all the e-mails are there.

This is only on the web access, when they login with Outlook locally on their machine they can't see any of their e-mails.

Any ideas?!

Thanks

UPDATE:

I have restarted all the Exchange services but still nothing. The e-mail arrives in the Inbox for a few seconds then once you refresh the screen it moves to the Server Failures folder.

Edited by swancd

Is there anyway I can post the even log here? - Would it cause a security risk?

Type: Error

Date: 10.10.06

Time: 15.06

Source: POP3 Connector

Category: Download

Event: 1019

User: N/A

Computer: SERVER

UPDATE: When they go into their Outlook on local machine they get error "0x80004005"

Edited by swancd

To be honest, your best bet would be to call the vendor of the server or Microsoft, depending on from whom you purchased SBS. You get at least a few free incidents from Microsoft if you purchased that retail, and if you got it from the PC vendor you can contact them and they'll use their contract with Microsoft to get you support. If you're seeing the emails in the sync errors store, and Exchange is actually working, it could very well be a database corruption issue due to the faulty shutdown. Get someone on the phone who can dedicate time to you that knows how to resolve Exchange database issues - preferrably from Microsoft Exchange support :).

I'm glad you posted here in the hopes we could help (and we probably can, given enough time) - but you're obviously going to be in a hurry with a downed production email server, and this may not be the best place for that kind of timeframe.

Edited by cluberti