5.6 and future releases wishlist

Another thing for the future....

I've got a couple of programs that all have the same update. What I want to be able to do is make three entries for the applications and one for the update. Installation order is tweaked so the upate will be fourth in the list. Now if either one of the three applications (or more) are selected I want the update to be selected automatically. Preferable without the user being able to modify the selection.

And a second idea.... It might even be a hidden item in the selection list (since the update is mandatory in all cases). This could ofcourse be used for other mandatory updates as well (JRE or .Net framework). Since this item is hidden it must be always selected or it must be able to use options as described in my first idea to be able to turn it, other wise there is no sense in it, of course :)

When I think about my previous post some more, this could be used to work with multiple templates. Make one selection on the top of the WPI screen, and multiple programs will be selected. Much like the groups as they are now, but more flexible.

Combined with colapsible groups it could be possible to start WPI with only 3 or 4 main options, and the rest of the screen is collapsed or hidden. Only when it is necessary to make a more diverse selection, the full list could be shown (uncollapsed).

Or am I now talking about version 7.8?

:whistle:

I'm new to WPI and I'm very happy to use it.

- Maybe an option for checking the existence of a file and put the name in red (or better we can chose the colour)

something like : fcond[pn]=['"%programfiles%\\Nero\\Nero.exe"'];

So with this we have the item Nero into RED if the app is already installed.

- An listing/explanation of the possible commands (FILECOPY, FILEMOVE...)

- An option to put where to find the install folder and the picture folder (useful for the wizard)

Edited by ozzii