5.6 and future releases wishlist

I also could not replicate your error with the categories not being listed in the log file. I would first guess you have some bad qoutes (" or ') in your descriptions that is causing the lines to not be read correctly. Look at the entry before the problem one.

strange, ill check again..

Edited by Lost Soul

ok how about this for the wish list,, if checked on install by category... will there be an option in the future, to sort the order in which youd like the categories to install,,

now that would be useful,

for example,, if you have 2 categories and they are (system and applications)

as of right now if you checked install by category,, then the applications will install first,, but what happens when you needed your system category installed first,, mainly for the sol reason that it holds system things like, netframework and runtimes and so forth,,

right now the only way around this that i see is not to have checked is install by category, have the system apps, install order numbers first

maybe you guys could work on some thing like that,,

1. A better eplainable guide HOW TO!!!!

2. Maybe the list of the programs can be sorted threw the category

1. (Category) System

Blabla ver 7.0

xyz www 7.5

2. (category) DVD RW Programs

nero

alcohol....

3. Resolve : put the config wizard so that users can have a drop down menu or list box that we can select more then one program to be delited and and.

@Lost Soul: Good idea on the install by category sort order, not just a-z order. What I could do is sort the list by the order you have them specified in the 'Categories sort order' on the Installer tab. They would be installed in the order you have them in the main display. Sound good?

@Lost Soul: Good idea on the install by category sort order, not just a-z order. What I could do is sort the list by the order you have them specified in the 'Categories sort order' on the Installer tab. They would be installed in the order you have them in the main display. Sound good?

definatly

heres another 1 for the wishlist,, how about adding a default image for images, Ex( when ppl add images for applications) im not saying add some thing major but add a universal image that represents applications,, this would be useful for times when ppl dont have a image for an application but they do want one,,

ppl could always change the image to some thing else later if they wanted,, like customizing,,

I've been toying with the ability to change resolutions of my config, options, manual, and source pages to full screen...seperate from my main install page resolution which I run a few of them at 800x600 or less. This gives a little bit more real estate for viewing/working on the guts of my programs and may help as the config grid gets implemented. When returning to the main page, the resolution goes back to my original resolution set in my user options.

Wish would be to see this get implemented either as an option or default behavior for wpi.

Just my 2c worth of suggestions...

1. add FILEMOVE and DELDIR to the existing command set (i've edited install.js to add these myself)

2. a way to minimize the cmd window when running commands

3. until the enhanced config sorting is implemented, the ability to toggle between alphabetical and UID number sorting

ps Love the app!

To add FILEMOVE and DELDIR, edit the install.js file, and add the following lines in the switch statement near line 344;

case 'FILEMOVE':
cmd = ("CMD /C " + cmd.replace(/FILEMOVE/gi,'move'));
break;

case 'DELDIR':
cmd = ("CMD /C " + cmd.replace(/DELDIR/gi,'rd') + " /S /Q");
break;

As with anything, always make a backup and use with care.

Hi,

just another thought about categories. What about sub-categories? It would be nice to have a way of showing one major entry for a whole bunch of subitems, which will only show up, when the major item is selected. It would be useful for installations not needed often, but if needed, then more than one out of this group would be needed. Maybe an example will make this more easy to explain:

Sometimes I would like to setup one of my machines so that it could be used for repackaging and programming, so I need a lot of progs for that : Wise, Orca, AutoIt, Compilers, HTML editors, Webtools etc.

Those tools are completely pointless for normal machines and would take a lot of space on the installscreen. Or on a PC without a DVD burner no burning progs would be neccessary, same goes for games on an Office PC (well, at least partially :rolleyes: )

This would reduce the clutter of seldom used apps a bit :whistle:

I don't know how this could be done, but I thougt of something like including special config.js files for those items, or maybe an additional Window could be shown when ticking those items?

Or have I missed a way to do this the current WPI?

Hi,

Another one HERE

It will be very useful if the ConfigWizard "Navigation panel" allow sorting by Install Order.

That will give us the opportunity to check for a double/duplicate "Install Order" value/number and preventing 2 or more softwares installation running at the same time.

Regards

coucou

Another one HERE

It will be very useful if the ConfigWizard "Navigation panel" allow sorting by Install Order.

That will give us the opportunity to check for a double/duplicate "Install Order" value/number and preventing 2 or more softwares installation running at the same time.

Regards

coucou

Thats were i'm looking for :yes:

@Lost Soul

Got your PM, decided to put the reply here for all to share :thumbup Its always good to give back to the community. Hope this helps.

FILEMOVE [source drive:\][source path\]source file(s) [target drive:\][target path\][target file]

I use it to move shortcuts on the Start Menu to where I need them after a silent install... I've put the example on 3 lines for readability

This will move a single file from location -> to location
FILEMOVE
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk"
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk"

This will move multiple files from location -> to location
FILEMOVE
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\*"
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Admin Tools\Acronis"

Previously you would use 2 in-built commands...
FILECOPY
DELETE

DELDIR [target drive:\][target path]

I use it to delete defunct folders on the Start Menu that I no longer need... I've put the example on 2 lines for readability

DELDIR
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Acronis"

This is a new command...

It may not be the right place to post the command usage, but did not think it needed a new post

@Lost Soul

Got your PM, decided to put the reply here for all to share :thumbup Its always good to give back to the community. Hope this helps.

FILEMOVE [source drive:\][source path\]source file(s) [target drive:\][target path\][target file]

I use it to move shortcuts on the Start Menu to where I need them after a silent install... I've put the example on 3 lines for readability

This will move a single file from location -> to location
FILEMOVE

This will move multiple files from location -> to location
FILEMOVE
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\*"
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Admin Tools\Acronis"

Previously you would use 2 in-built commands...
FILECOPY
DELETE

DELDIR [target drive:\][target path]

I use it to delete defunct folders on the Start Menu that I no longer need... I've put the example on 2 lines for readability

DELDIR
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Acronis"

This is a new command...

It may not be the right place to post the command usage, but did not think it needed a new post

thanks, so i take it then for every line thats 4 quotes meaning like this right ?

cmd1[pn]=['FILEMOVE "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk"'];

Edited by Lost Soul