5.6 and future releases wishlist

Great new features in WPI 5.5!

Would like to see "Hot Tracking" onmouseover/onmouseout and "Highlight Selection" onmouseclick on the config page when selecting apps. Would give the user a better reference of where he is in the Navigation Pane. May be N/A after Sort Grid implementation.

Edited by lawrenca

@Lawrenca: Fixed WINDIR. Wasn't 100% sure on that.

My grid layout or your filter system hasn't been decided on yet. I would like to merge some features of both. Still some time down the road.

Highlighting of some sort sounds good.

Hopefully we will see a combination of the two. I really liked the grid sorting and hope to see it in the next release, but also wouldn't mind the filtering on Category, Dependencies, Exclusions, Forced, Default within the grid...we'll have to see how it looks. Maybe it will take care of itself once sorted on a header.

I also think the grid will give the user a better reference to what selection is being worked on, otherwise, I think we need to implement the Hot Tracking/Selection on the config page I related to in my wishlist.

I miss the scrolling a bit in my list of programs.

listyg6.th.jpg

List is much longer then this.

Now i have to click them , but would be nice if i can scroll trough it.

And when pressing the A it goes to the first program with an A.

Edited by muiz

this version is definatly getting good,, :)

so heres 1 for the wish list,, it may or may not be processable but here it goes

ive noticed that theres now an abort button, i think thats a great ideal,,

so my ideal comes from that

is there any way we can have a way to abort a single install instead of the whole installer (meaning,, some times when during an install some apps may get stuck , therefor not progressing any further,, holding the rest of the application installs from occuring, and when this occurs the only real way to get out of it,, is to abort or hard restart the pc,

it would be nice if there was a feature to just abort a single app from installing any further if it gets stuck during an install.., then let the rest of the apps continue to install

well thats my 2 cents for santas wish list lol

@Muiz: I don't know why you don't have a scroll bar anymore, but replace you file with this one and let me know if it works.

Sorry but thats not what i ment , i have that scrollbar.

But i want to scroll trough the list , so when i press the down key it goes to the next program.

Or when i press the letter A , it goes to the first program starting with an A.

I hope its more clear now. :blushing:

i have a question/wish:

why does the grayed condition NOT override the "forced" state of the checkbox?

Situation:

1. Installing new Windows, running WPI at runoncegui

2. Having MANDATORY patches, setting checkbox to FORCED, so the users cant deactivate it

3. As a grayed condition i have "fileexist (patch)".

4. When running WPI at a later time again, WPI will install the forced patches AGAIN - even though the "grayed condition" is set, rendering the patch shown red.

only workaround now is to unset forced and set it as standard, but that leaves the option for the user to disable it...

btw this program rocks!

@Muiz: I got you now. Well, with the grid, cursor keys are supported. Jump to a starting letter could be done.

@Lost Soul: Skipping an item really couldn't be done because once WPI launches the installer there is no way to stop it. Thus the point of silent install switches. WPI waits for the current item to finish installing before Pausing or Aborting.

I also could not replicate your error with the categories not being listed in the log file. I would first guess you have some bad qoutes (" or ') in your descriptions that is causing the lines to not be read correctly. Look at the entry before the problem one.