my monitor driver is non pnp!

the_doc735

...for all those who consistently bang on about oempnpdriverspath. My L1915S.INF (monitor) FILE DOES NOT contain this line: (infact there is no package type what-so-ever!)...

.INF FILE

[Version]
DriverPackageType = PlugAndPlay

My .inf file

[Version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"
Class=Monitor
ClassGuid={4D36E96E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Provider=%LG%
CatalogFile=L1915S.cat
DriverVer=06/04/2004,1.0

...for this reason it does not work with things like MS DPinst. If I add the 'PlugAndPlay' line to my .inf file this invalidates the .cat certificate and DPinst still doesn't work! "Damned if you do and damned if you don't".

:angry:

Do you have to start new thread for same monitor every few days? Problem is ONE. You can't install drivers for your monitor. Why you need 5 threads? One is not enough?

Your beginning to annoy me with your constant whinging!

If you can't offer any constructive help or advice then just keep quiet please!

I do not have the time to waste on these kind of comments, therefore you WILL NOT recieve any further communication from me unless you say something useful!

I reiterate, if admin has a problem with it I'm sure they will let me know soon enough?

I'm only trying to find a solution like everyone else, YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON TO CONTINUALLY WRITE TO ME IN THIS FASHION! NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT - ONLY YOU!

Yes I am making substantial efforts to find a solution to my problem, is that illegal or something?

I do not hyperbolize!

:realmad:

Edited by the_doc735

perhaps I should point this out to LG in an e-mail?

i.e.

plug 'n' play DDC 2B (L1915S) monitor, but it's not been given a plug 'n' play driver category type in the .inf file?

see here: (for details)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_Data_Channel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VESA

:w00t:

[@madboy=only reply if you want to say something useful, that can actually help me!!].

I guess other admins don't mind because they got used to ppl opening 50 threads for one problem. I don't see why you need to do it? Will it make ppl read it more often? Will it make ppl help often? No. Keeping it in one thread would be better. Why ?

- if someone gets similar problem he has it in one thread? Maybe then he doesn't go the long way you do and just can read about your problem in one single thread (easier to find? wasn't it your problem to find things on this forum also?)

- ppl that actually join disscussion don't have full info that they would have if everything would be in one thread

You decided to post 5 threads and ye i'm probably the only one that realy thinks it's annoying to open up a lot of threads for one problem that you have. I can realy understand need of many threads if the problem is for something else like Mobo, Processor or graphic card but i can't see "the use" of having more then 1 thread on problem that touches your monitor and only monitor.

On the other hand you are assuming that if you're not getting anyone else to comment on your bahaviour they do not mind. Maybe they just decided to ignore your posts? You don't wonder why you are getting very very low response to your topics and in most you are the only one talking to yourself or to me when i tried to help you?

I want to end this topic because it's realy useless. I will just ignore your posts from now on and won't even try to help you or comment on them even if i will know the anwer. As i don't have time trying to convince you why you should read "How To" on forum posting rules.

I guess other admins don't mind because they got used to ppl opening 50 threads for one problem. I don't see why you need to do it? Will it make ppl read it more often? Will it make ppl help often? No. Keeping it in one thread would be better. Why ?

- if someone gets similar problem he has it in one thread? Maybe then he doesn't go the long way you do and just can read about your problem in one single thread (easier to find? wasn't it your problem to find things on this forum also?)

- ppl that actually join disscussion don't have full info that they would have if everything would be in one thread

You decided to post 5 threads and ye i'm probably the only one that realy thinks it's annoying to open up a lot of threads for one problem that you have. I can realy understand need of many threads if the problem is for something else like Mobo, Processor or graphic card but i can't see "the use" of having more then 1 thread on problem that touches your monitor and only monitor.

On the other hand you are assuming that if you're not getting anyone else to comment on your bahaviour they do not mind. Maybe they just decided to ignore your posts? You don't wonder why you are getting very very low response to your topics and in most you are the only one talking to yourself or to me when i tried to help you?

I want to end this topic because it's realy useless. I will just ignore your posts from now on and won't even try to help you or comment on them even if i will know the anwer. As i don't have time trying to convince you why you should read "How To" on forum posting rules.

put them all in one thread if it makes you happy then!

I think I'm talking to myself because no one knows how to do an unattended monitor driver install yet. I'm just exploring all the avenues and everybodies untested ideas.

Can you point me to an unattended monitor driver install tutorial? - No?

Obviously there will be little responce if no one really knows! Just the odd idea, now and again, but even that's worth exploring I.M.H.O.

Edited by the_doc735

I'm not saying it's not worth exploring. You're going good way as you're realy making progress i would say.

Problem with monitor driver is that besides very minor functions that it will give you it brings nothing to your setup. Default Monitor driver isn't bad, and most ppl use it.

I'm not saying it's not worth exploring. You're going good way as you're realy making progress i would say.

Problem with monitor driver is that besides very minor functions that it will give you it brings nothing to your setup. Default Monitor driver isn't bad, and most ppl use it.

yes I appreciate that fact madboy, but it's just annoying knowing that you have the driver and there's no way of 'making it stick' without intervention of some kind :(

Maybe I can edit the setup.dll or something (who knows)?

Just about fresh out of ideas I'm afraid to say. Nothing much comes up on google either; I believe you are correct that most people DO use 'default monitor' - and I may be forced to, too!

You are correct about all this 'theme' of mine being in one thread having thought it through. IT SHOULD ALL BE CONTAINED in one placed, but I don't know if I have the authority to move my posts around the forum or put all 5 under one thread even? :huh:

YOu can't move any of your threads now. Anyways. If i were you i wouldn't waste time on something like this. You invested like two weeks+ on something that will bring almost no effect or NO EFFECT at all. I have ThinkPad R32. It has 2 Default_monitor drivers devices installed and one ThinkPad device. I don't realy care if it would have 5 Default Monitors. As long as you have graphic card drivers you should be okey :)

So realy don't waste your energy on that. Solve some problem that actually makes a diffrence ;)