[Question] Prevent XP from installing langauges

amenx

How do I prevent XP from installing or prompting me to install languages that I dont understand (as a result of visiting mixed language sites)? Thought I saw this option in Gpedit.msc but looked there and couldnt find it. Not in IE options either. I know I saw it somewhere just cant figure out where. Thanks.

How do I prevent XP from installing or prompting me to install languages that I dont understand (as a result of visiting mixed language sites)? Thought I saw this option in Gpedit.msc but looked there and couldnt find it. Not in IE options either. I know I saw it somewhere just cant figure out where. Thanks.

As for installation, you can use NLite and install only languages you need.

Next time you see that pop-up, check the box "Never install language packs". :thumbup

:D Problem is, it doesnt seem to work. I always check the "Never install language packs", yet it keeps coming back.

Sorry!

But I don't really the OP's reason for doing so. He browses a website using a lang he doesn't understand but doesn't want IE to install and display the lang. ???

There are mixed language sites that have an option to choose your language, usually "English" and others, but where the initial web page loads in a foreign language.