change Microsoft NT workstation computer description

leecling

:hello: Recently, I need to change computer description of a NT workstation which already joined a domain (window 2003 server).

I had tried to find where I can change the computer description but failed! Can someone help me with this?

:}

Start the Active Directory Users and Computers from a management server or DC and navigate to the PC/Server you want to set the description for.

rclick on it and select properties, from the pane that shows up you can edit the contents of the description and apply it to the PC.

Cheers,

That changes the description of the AD computer object, not of the computer itself :no:

Hmm did not know that, well then the only option is to go localy i guess. Hyena etc use the same field that you would configure via ADUC.

Localy you can rclick on 'network' -> properties and go to the identification tab, its been a while since i worked with NT though so i could be off a little.

That changes the description of the AD computer object, not of the computer itself :no:

Hmm did not know that, well then the only option is to go localy i guess. Hyena etc use the same field that you would configure via ADUC.

Localy you can rclick on 'network' -> properties and go to the identification tab, its been a while since i worked with NT though so i could be off a little.

I do research a little bit and found out that only windows 95 & 98 have the computer description option in the identification tab.

For the NT, there is only computer name and domain name available in identification tab... :}

It's been a long while for me as well, but if I remember correctly you go to Control Panel > Network > Identification tab > Change button. I remember Computer Description being a field in here. However, whether or not this will show up in Network Neighborhood depends on whether or not you're using a WINS server, and if the workstation can contact the PDC emulator.