Windows Vista RC2

kartel

less stable!!!

How's that possible, Microsoft said that since the release of Vista RC1, they have continued to recieve excellent feedback which helped them to improve the overall quality and performance of Vista..

And to quote: "RC2 reflects that feedback and includes important improvements in performance, application compatibility and fit and finish work. Customers should verify any outstanding issues not addressed during their RC1 testing."

Windows Media center Acts Strangely, it flashes monitor and it has much slowdowns, maybe it ic caused bu orginal drivers, but i noticed that i cant use it normally. I didn't use WMC in RC1 so i'm unable to say if its worser or better but the issue has occured.

I've noticed an improvement over RC1 on both machines I have running, although disk access times are consistently slow on both machines (no real-time AV either, just Windows Defender running). If I switch to 10K SATA drives (rather than 7.2K IDE), the problem goes away. However, I'm chalking it up to a crappy IDE chipset on my boxes here (ATI), because I don't have this issue on any of my Dell (Intel) test machines at the office. I do have the issue with WMC on every machine until I actually go through the configuration wizard, and then it runs just fine. Hopefully that'll get fixed before RTM (it's been reported). As to the event viewer, you can do a few things to make it more useful if you have an unstable machine - first, make sure your machine is configured for at least a kernel dump, and second, you may want to create a custom view for the errors you want to see, like an eventlog/6008 or savedump/1001.

I just got it installed

lets see if vista new nvidia drivers can play warcraft 3

or maybe civiliazation 4, cause that wont work in xp for me lol

and i better take a look at getting sli working , again, nvtray , maybe.

edit

after giving administrator permission to use war3 from another windows, it appeared under games, perfectly w/o installing.

gonna play for an hour, see if it crashes like rc1 5728

Edited by gdogg

I had to remove the nvidia vista rc1 forceware, imposible to use (crash from alt-tab and are retarded slow, even at making a dx7 game run), but the control panel stayed, so I got some control now :D. for both vista rc1 5728 and rc2 , the built in drivers, are fast, and stable.

now how to just install a control panel from a windows xp version with sli.

only crashing so far in rc2, was the windows update for nvAudio drivers.

instead i used the nforce rc1 's. and 5.1 now and no crashing in games from nvmcp.dll

Edited by gdogg