Windows File Protection popups when installing drivers.

daiphoenix

Hi. I've installed an nlited installation (nlite 1.0 and Windows XP 64bit ) and I get Windows File Protection popups when installing drivers. I'd like to know a little more about what and why it's happening, and specially what should I do. Cancel to leave the current files, or insert the CD to restore the files? I don't even know which files he tries to restore so I have no ideia what to do. (The drivers so far apparently installed ok with WFP restore, but I want to know for sure)

Thx in advance.

Am also getting the same problem. And am using Nlite 1.2 RC. From what ive read this is a bug. I didnt found a good way to get pass this problem. I also have undestand that the problem is with unattended mode with Nlite. Disabling WFP is a way to get rid of that problem, but this is not the solution.

I've tried another way. I've integrated all my addons with Nlite, then also removed components like security center, ... and also used the tweak in nlite. Then i used the windows deployment tool to make my CD unattended. After that i used Nlite to make my ISO. The Cd was good everything working but still the same problem when installing drivers. Ive used nlite before and didnt get this problem but i dont remember which version it was. Any help will be much apreciated.

Actually, I asking whether I should keep the files or not, on WFP popups. May I deduce correcly from your answers to disable WFP that ignoring the warnings is what should be done? Because so far when installing drivers, I've chosen to the restore original files. Or isn't there any difference in the two?

right click on "My Computer" click on properties then click on "Hardware"

then click on "Driver signing" tab then select 1st option "ignore-install............" then restart windows and install driver again.

Will it helpfull idia?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont mean to sound bad, but BULLLLLL....

I have been making Unattended CD's for along time and have never got the windows protection error until this month. Something has changed either in the Driver packs, Nlite or ryans updates....

On second thoughts, I only get this after it has booted up and is installing openoffice2.04 on my second cd install. Also on spyware blaster install... Drivers install flawless.

Any suggestions or settings in nlite i could change?

Edited by Hillbillie