more regional settings

Birds

in the control panel item "regional and language settings" we can only set things in the first tab from nlite.

there is an option in the advanced tab"language for non Unicode programs"

This setting is very useful for people who use English windows but need to be able to support other language programs. Can this be set somehow from nlite? :unsure:

language for non Unicode programs is set with SystemLocale specificaly

and perhapse its set automaticaly if the Language settings is used (since SystemLocal is than ignored)

for more information check http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/82/

I belive in nLite its set with the language drop box.

nuhi, is it possible to add more than one keyboard using the nLite gui ? if not could support for that be added ?

Birds:

In the "Regional and Language Options" control panel the first tab (Regional Options) has a "Standards and Formats" group which corresponds to the "Language" group in nLite. In the the third tab (Advanced) is a "Language for non-Unicode programs" group which corresponds to the "Custom" and "Localization" selection in nLite.

I might have these reversed, but since you would usually set them the same, it doesn't really matter.

nuhi:

What does seem to be missing from nLite is the "Location" selection (lists countries only, not languages), which is selectable during a normal install, or afterwards in the control panel. nLite always just uses the default selection (which for my CD is "United States").

Birds:

In the "Regional and Language Options" control panel the first tab (Regional Options) has a "Standards and Formats" group which corresponds to the "Language" group in nLite. In the the third tab (Advanced) is a "Language for non-Unicode programs" group which corresponds to the "Custom" and "Localization" selection in nLite.

I might have these reversed, but since you would usually set them the same, it doesn't really matter.

hi, I tried those settings before, but I wasn't able to get it to work properly. In my windows, I would normally have the first tab (Regional Options) set to English as normal.

Then in thethe third tab (Advanced) is a "Language for non-Unicode programs" group which I would set to Japanese because I have a couple of programs needing Japanese support.

In nlite, I set the "Language" group to Japanese, and also the"Custom" and "Localization" selection both to Japanese. However after the installation, the "Language for non-Unicode programs" was still set to English, while I had the first Set to Japanese and also a Japanese keyboard added to my input method!

but I will try it again tomorrow and let you know the results.

it seems that the problem is the titles are not clear, perhaps they can be relabelled to match the Windows messages next release. it seems that everything can be set except for the location. Where is the location set from? :huh:

Here are the settings in the virtual machine after installing

post-112246-1160353677_thumb.png post-112246-1160353703_thumb.png

here are the settings used to build the installer

post-112246-1160353744_thumb.png