Ris with Linux dhcp

Over the summer I have been forced to move from windows dhcp to linux dhcp (we have had a couple citrix suites installed).

This as left me with a problem I can't get RIS to work with the Linux dhcp, it worked at first with no problems, but as time has gone on less and less clients are getting an ip address from dhcp.

Has anyone got this working if so how?

Have a look at this project too:

http://winner.windowsdream.com/

What is WINNER

WINNER is a different way to set up a RIS Server. Basically, it gives you the possibility to deploy an unattended installation of Windows XP over a LAN, but has impressive specificities. Amongst them, a WINNER distribution can range from a minimalist Linux set (50 Mo) to a complete set of files (2 Go) -- both of them leading to a similar, complete, Windows installation.

jaclaz

Thanks jaclaz I will have a look at Winner.

I seem to have a problem I have made the changes as to the post I refered to but I still can't get an ip address on the initial boot stage, the server seems to be working I can renew the ip in windows but not at the initial stage although the server is offering the ip lease. Does anyone have any idea what I can look at next?

It can be, due to the fact that a Windows machine attached to two networks can be a problem, and one of the reasons the RRAS service was created and exists. However, if your computer's NIC isn't getting an IP address during the PXE boot stage and your DHCP server isn't the RIS server, then at this point RIS is not involved yet. If you're getting an IP during PXE but aren't getting a response from the RIS server, then that would mean troubleshooting on the RIS server should be done (including disabling the NIC on the other network).

However, if your computer's NIC isn't getting an IP address during the PXE boot stage and your DHCP server isn't the RIS server, then at this point RIS is not involved yet.

Oh well guess I was hoping for an easier solution any other ideas why i woundn't be getting the ip address?

Setup is 2003 Domain controller, 2003 RIS Server, and Linux DHCP and DNS

Hi all I thought I would give the second ip thing a go this morning, I thought what the hell it will only take a miniute, and guess what....... RIS is working, it worked straight away I didn't even have to stop and restart the binlsvc. So I'm one happy guy again :thumbup

Thanks everyone for your help