How to use config for autoinst CD for RIS

After you have built the basic RIS CD image, there should be a default RISTNDRD.SIF in the i386\templates folder. You can edit this one or replace it with your own (the name doesn't matter). The $OEM$ folder structure should be next to the i386 folder, not inside it. So in the \\<server>\REMINST\Setup\<language>\Images\<image> folder, you should have a $OEM$ and an i386 folder.

Thanks! It woks exactly how i wanted it to work and it will save me a lot of time. (:

My last (i hope it is last (: ) question is - Can i somehow modify preinstaller wzzard to set computer name manualy? Because if it create it on its own i don't have computer in AD as i want it IE laptop name in workstation OU.

I can live with that it place computers only to one OU, but i want it named "correctly".

Edited by Lolita

Thanks it seams taht it is supposed to do what i want, but when i try it get error that setup is unable to display any selection options. Any ideas how to fix it?

Btw i had issue that ris placed my image to czech (it is czech windows installation) and can't find it so i renamed it in setup and oschooser to english and it worked.

Thanks it seams taht it is supposed to do what i want, but when i try it get error that setup is unable to display any selection options. Any ideas how to fix it?

That happens when all possible Choice Options have been disabled. You'll need to set "Custom Setup" to "Enabled" and all other options to "Disabled" or "Not configured". Also make sure there's no other GPO below the domain level that is overwriting these settings.

Well, this - http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5784/risgl9.gif is my GPO settings - no GPO overwrites it, but i still don't see any option to set computername and ou where to place it during preinstallation wizzard, any ideas again? I know this is dumb question but i'm not able to find any help and make my ris installation ablolutely perfect.

i know that the screen you have set is available twice from within AD,

not sure of both locations, but 1 is under domain controllers (server) and the other is under the domain name at top of tree

sorry if little vague am at work and don't have access to double check.