Software for editing .divx files

Messerschmitt

I am searching for a software which allows me to edit .divx files and not damage or reduce quality by any means.

I have tried adobe premiere but it cannot process the sound and it's very laggy.

Any specific program which can edit .divx files?

Thanks srikat but can that program save it under the same format .divx? I don't want to make it an AVI

VirtualDub is your best bet, then.

.divx is essentially an AVI I believe. If you open it in VDub and go select Direct Stream Copy for both audio and video, and trim the frames and Save, it will save it at the same quality as the source file is.

DivX is essentially AVI, though. I don't know if any applications that accept the actual .divx file extension. AVI is pretty much universal. Direct Steam Copy will maintain both data rates of the audio and video streams.

Ok, then if the data is preserved then I supose I can just change the extension manualy. Doing this because only a few files needs to be trimmed between many others, and I don't want some of them being divx and some avi.

Anyway thanks for letting me know about this program which does his job in what I need.

Cheers