Can't get back from sleep mode : Vista RC1 on Inspiron 6400

yronnen

Hi,

I have Vista RC1 running on my 6400. It works great except when I close the lid and the system goes to sleep mode. When I open the lid, the system goes up, but I can't see anything on the screen and the only option is hard reboot.

Did anybody have a similar problem? Is there's a solution in RC1?

Thx

this is an issue they have often, it is something that should really have been fixed already but hasn't. best option is a work around to change it to go to standby once you close the lid,

There is no stand by mode in Vista, it's called "sleep".

Meanwhile I solved it (partially) by putting the machine in to hybernation.

• 1 month later...

hey,

Im running Vista on the Inspiron 6400, and I feel your pain; Beta 1 and 2 had this problem with my laptop as well, and I found that the best way to work around this was to right click your battery icon go to power options, and click "choose what closing the lid does". From here, simply set it to do nothing. This avoids the problem of closing the screen. On the otherhand, this problem is fixed in RC1 and subsequently RC2, and so upgrading to either of these should fix this (among other) problems. I have a post for the Inspiron 6400 on RC1 elsewhere on this forum that you can have a look at.

Cheers

Edited by david6400