[Utility] Driver Backup

IcemanND

Now that's interesting. I thought I had the same search logic in both versions.

The error message is due to it not finding one of the files for a driver, unfortunately I don't have this issue with any of my machines so it is hard to troubleshoot which file causes this issue, or which place in the logic.

Normally if you back up the drivers 1 or two at a time it will work until you hit the driver causing the problem.

If you don't have mscomctl.ocx it won't even launch.

Noted. I'll do them one at a time and report back.

Edit: It has failed for every individual (Non-Microsoft) driver installed. Some drivers are in the NLDRV folder from nLite, but they have also been identified and offered for backup thanks to the .inf files. One driver that was not recognized was for the web cam.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

• 2 weeks later...

I found a MS KB with the file required to run v2.1.83 and extracted the files to system32. But registering any of them manually fails and the program still doesn't run. Win7x64 Professional. Any advice?

The older version is a complete bust, it crashes with a script error on the very first driver.

Edited by alphaniner

Try copying it in syswow64 and registering it, if that fails put it in the same dir as the program

BTW the tool does not work so well backing up drivers on x64 machines

Thanks, putting it in sysWOW64 did the trick. I'll keep your warning in mind. I'm mostly interested in seeing what drivers I have in use.

Also, thanks for your video tutorials on WAIK. :thumbup It was a mention of those videos from the driverpacks.net forum that got me started in all this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Why don't you just add an exception for it in your virus app to turn that off..

I should report that recently v.0.79 has been reported as a virus (Win32:Malware-Gen) by Avast! 6 Free. I already sent out a "false positive" report, but you should do something as well.

Cheers