[Utility] Driver Backup

IcemanND

Trying to run driverbackup79.exe I'm getting an application error: Cannot install the apllication properly (0xc0000135).

post-124433-1174830276_thumb.jpg

What's wrong / how can this be fixed?

you may need .net installed

• 3 weeks later...

hi IcemanND! i'll be trying this out ... i tried recently double driver but it couldn't retrieve my SB sound driver for XP ... it got the driver for 2K but not what my card requires ... i have to manually install the specific XP driver after OS install ... hope this would be good for me ... ;) thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It will get the CAT file if it can determine it's name and find it, it may not rename it to it's original name.

Why would you back up the PNF files? They are created dynamically by windows.

EDIT:

Anyone out there running service pack 3 tried running this? It seems to not like my SP3 test box but it could be unrelated.

It will get the CAT file if it can determine it's name and find it, it may not rename it to it's original name.

Why would you back up the PNF files? They are created dynamically by windows.

EDIT:

Anyone out there running service pack 3 tried running this? It seems to not like my SP3 test box but it could be unrelated.

I don't know... heh... just curious.

You mean SP3 RC, right... Possibly because it's a pre RTM?

• 3 months later...

I've installed WinXPsp2 with updatepacks and driverpacks on a Dell Dimension 2400. The Broadcom 4400 LAN wasn't installed properly. After installing manually I wanted to make my own driverpack through Driver Backup. I'm getting this error:

post-124433-1211016167_thumb.png

What's wrong and how can it be fixed?

• 1 year later...

Exactly the same here (tried multiple Drivers at once and several drivers for chipset (nForce2) and graphics card (Radeon X800) separately):

driverbackuperror.png

Line 1897

Row 5

error (freely translated): For at least one required parameter there was no value given.

Edited by commander-keen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@IceMan

Is there a way to backup drivers from an HDD other than "C:"?

I work on computers on a daily basis, sometimes dealing with computers that have crashed and what not. I was wondering if it's possible to recover drivers from these particular machines while running a driver backup utility from a different computer.

Example: Running a utility from a working machine and aiming the backup utility to a hard drive other than C: