Need Help Deciding On UpGrades

trayne20

I am going to upgrade my computer with a MOBO CPU MEM and Video. I have been out of the loop with techology because of work. Here is my list. I would appreciate comments. I am on a tight budget and need to use my case and drives for now. I will buy SATA drives later. I can go few dollars one way or the other on each. I am mainly concerned about compatibility and I am also going to down load Vista Beta and I am excited to order.

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishli...shListTitle=AM2

DFI INFINITY NF ULTRAII-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Model #: UltraII-M2

In Stock

$89.99

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Windsor 2.2GHz Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4200CUBOX - Retail

Model #: ADA4200CUBOX

$185.00

Mushkin Enhanced Performance 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) System Memory Model 991381 - Retail

Model #: 991381

$105.99

Subtotal: $380.98

Here are two video cards. https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishli...ListTitle=video

Update BFG Tech BFGR76256GTOCE Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Model #: BFGR76256GTOCE

$143.99

Update XFX PVT71PUDF3 Geforce 7900GS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Model #: PVT71PUDF3

$199.9

All parts are from Newegg.

Thanks for your help

Ross

I would prefer a core 2 duo as the new 775 board would more likely be able to support the next generation of cpu (quad core) from intel. AM2 socket doesn't seem to offer the same warranty. Also, i wouldn't buy an nforce 4 chipset MB as they're problems with some hard drive and performances.

Only thing I can say is that the X2 will performe well for it´s price and even better for its price in 64bits and virtual machines. Don´t get the NF4, it´s outdated; you could get a 550, 570 or 590. Don´t mix it with a harddrive from Maxtor.