Windows Vista RC2 Release Imminent(Build 5744)

reff67

Finally, a new build available to download. Thanks for sharing the link with us.

Use this download manager called Internet Download Manager, I get speeds up to 1.2MB per second. Even better, I hate downloading it without a download manager, the file sometimes prematurely ends and the file becomes corrupt.

Edited by Thunderbolt 2864

i used IDM to download the previous build too.. it downloads fast (around 130 - on a 1Mbit connection) which is perfect but then it needs around 15 minutes to put the million pieces together - which is grrrrrrr... annoying..

there goes the first f***en difference that i noticed.. i cant enable aero anymore.. in the help it says that i need 1gb+ to do so.. grrr any registry tweak that may help me resolve that issue?

EDIT:

it was a bug.. here's a solution http://shellrevealed.com/forums/thread/3896.aspx

IT AFFECTS PEOPLE WITH 512MB RAM ONLY..

Edited by dAbReAkA

Yeah, unfortunately IDM takes up a lot of resources and its very slow when it complies the pieces of data together. I have a gig of RAM so it doesn't take too long. But I still use it because I love the fast download speeds.

Edited by Thunderbolt 2864

page has been taked down :) MS probably is ticked people are watching it like a hawk now.

Downloading both versions now... I'll start with the x64 version tomorrow eve to see if it actually installs on my computer.

I don't understand why the akaimai won't launch from within an rc1 build, but oh well.