Windows Vista RC2 Release Imminent(Build 5744)

reff67

I'll check my hotmail vigilantly, then - I have a history beta-testing with Microsoft and they tend to send me emails as soon as these things open up. Or maybe I can be really lucky and get onboard with the Connect program tonight.

I can say that most of the issues I had with RC1 are resolved in RC2 thus far, as printing seems more reliable and network speeds seem on par with an identical XP machine finally (Vista was always slower in previous builds). As to everyone's questions, I dunno for certain about public release, but x86 was released to TAP customers today, with x64 being finished and available sometime this evening or tomorrow (or so I heard) to TAP.

If you know the name of the .iso you should have no time finding it on the 'net by now, either from Microsoft's site or elsewhere. Beta2 keys worked in RC1, and since the algorithms to generate Vista keys on the activation servers are likely not changing until sometime after RC2 and before RTM, RC1 keys are most likely going to also work in RC2.

i got really nice speeds off of that MS link, 500kbs+ :)

too bad i have no time to install it tonight or tomorrow :(

I have to agree. I'm getting almost but not quite 1000KB/s (high 900's) without even using any kind of accelerator/segmented downloading - and considering the download links have been released everywhere (including slashdot), it's pretty amazing (likely they're akamai). Kinda sad I hadn't time to install RC1 yet :lol: I didn't think RC2 would come so fast.