File size confusion

goldpenny

I just finished creating my XP ISO with nlite, I must have done something wrong the total ISO size is 360MB, whereas the original OS files were 354MB and on top of that I slipstreamed a number of programs, kaspersky, office 2003, power dvd etc. I must have missed something out or made a mistake with the addons.

I added all my programs along with the ryanvm post SP2 update pack on the select hotfix screen and it all seemed ok, but now with this weird final file size im confused. Im wondering do I still have to include the CAB files of each program that I wanted to add on the CD in a seperate folder, this would exlain the small file size as nlite would only have to specify where the external CAB file is and not actualy include the whole file in the final image.

sorry for the long winded explenation, I understand if its confusing

thnx in advance

Goldpenny :hello:

the XP installation was "inherited", what is the normal size of an XP install im guessing around a CDROM 700MB or so, and what could make my "inherited" XP so much smaller than a new version.

Im still thinking its strange how small the final xp image is, I chose office 2003 as an addon and that alone is another 300MB or so, how can the end result be smaller than the XP install I started with, the only thing I can think of is some kind of extreme compression, is this possible?

thnx