2k3-blue screen @ first boot

emodel

so well, all services which are removable shouldnt cause the OS not to start (once removed), right ?

I got a nlited 2k3, everything installs properly, but at 1st windows start, i have a blue screen (immediately).

Here are the removed services :

removed_services.txt

Now, the other possiblity is that the blue screen is due to the services pre-config i did (which one is set to "auto" etc). Here is my services startup config :

services_start_mode.txt

Those settings were made accordingly to my running 2k3 copy (which works). I have set all services that are currently running in my machine to "auto".

any idea welcome

thanks

When you say set back to default does that means you started all over, because only browsing and setting do default won't do anything.

Just use clean installation files and see if it's not addon or something...also be careful of languages of the packs and addons...and put all services to default for now.

Let me know how it goes.

You removed "Cluster Service" and that's critical to both Enterprise and Standard Editions. Nuhi, you might want to remove it as a choice all together if the nlighted OS is Server 2003.

Edited by legionaire

• 2 weeks later...

well, i tried again, have tweakd services startup (added task scheduler and a few other "main" services), and still got a BSOD.

I give up for now, it seems we can NOT pre-tweak service startup (or maybe a very specific service (or more) is needed at first boot).

Edited by emodel

hello,

i have nlited xp for more than 50 times. today, first time to nlite 2003 standard. no service packs added, no drivers or any softwares integrated, i dont remove services, i just set them to disabled,auto, manual.

i got the same bsod. so if i dont tweak/remove the services, there wont be any bsod?

i got the same bsod. so if i dont tweak/remove the services, there wont be any bsod?

99% sure, yes

I removed a lot of things (almost all services), and its working perfect (as long as you dont tweak services startup).

Keep us posted.

Hello,

tweaking services in 2k3 does give bue screens.i tested and removed so many things, even deleted some services, but if you dont tweak how the services startup (you just leave them at default) you will not get a blue screen.

maybe this should be mentioned somewhere. had i not found this thread, i would still be testing..

many thanks.