ImageX and XImage

jungle_warrior

ImageX is the tool in WinPE 2.0. Ximage in OPK is the name of the tool with the same core functionality as ImageX in WinPE 2.0. Personally, I'd stick with ImageX in WinPE 2.0. There were also some typos in the doc's. Why don't you get the latest version.

The Micro$oft document of WinPE2.0 stated a tool called "ImageX", but when I installed the OPK tools(version 5308), I only found a file named "Ximage.exe".

is Ximage equal to ImageX ?

Edited by Spooky

ImageX is the tool in WinPE 2.0. Ximage in OPK is the name of the tool with the same core functionality as ImageX in WinPE 2.0. Personally, I'd stick with ImageX in WinPE 2.0. There were also some typos in the doc's. Why don't you get the latest version.

The Micro$oft document of WinPE2.0 stated a tool called "ImageX", but when I installed the OPK tools(version 5308), I only found a file named "Ximage.exe".

is Ximage equal to ImageX ?

Same thing, diffrent names in diffrent versions of the beta release. According to my MS pam, another supplier had contacted them and said; "Hey, we already got a tool named ximage.exe" so they changed it.... that or they felt better using imagex.exe....

Ximage is a tool DEll uses for their standard image proccess they do for customers, i am sure MS had some issues with the 2 being names the same. Oh and do get the newest version on the tool, it is much better then older versions

• 2 weeks later...