Logitech MX500

m16si

I have Logitech MX500 mouse and i have problems with it.

When i play games or in windows (XPsp2) the mouse suddenly disconnects for a few seconds, than it connects back.

It has an USB interface.

Can it be that cable's connection is bad ?

If there is i will change my cable to PS2 cable.. But i don't know where to get it.....

I don't want to buy new mouse because this one is good and it only disconnects....

Please Help !

m16si

Well, it’s easy to test, just play around with the cable and see if it goes off and on... Or stays off... It common that cables break after some time. With Logitech it’s after 2.5 years or so with normal use (my experience, and not just with one).

Ow, those mice have 5 year warranty…

I have found the error its in the cable.

When i move the cable which comes out of the mouse it disconnects the mouse.

But how can i get new cable ?

Will it be allright if i use PS2 interface instead of USB. I talked with my friend in school today and he said if i change the cable to PS2 mouse will not support all 8 buttons is this true ?

Thnx

I have found the error its in the cable.

When i move the cable which comes out of the mouse it disconnects the mouse.

But how can i get new cable ?

Will it be allright if i use PS2 interface instead of USB. I talked with my friend in school today and he said if i change the cable to PS2 mouse will not support all 8 buttons is this true ?

Thnx

If its meant to be a USB mouse, then leave it that way. If it isn't covered by warranty any longer, carefully remove all the screws, make a note of how the wires inside the cable are soldered to the board, then cut the cable ~2 cm away from the faulty point and solder back the wires to the board of the mouse. Cheers and good luck!