Vista not displaying 2nd HDD

FireFox276

Greetings.

I have just installed Vista Beta 2 (RC1 is in the mail), and I've got a 2nd HDD installed. The problem is, is that the drive doesn't appear in "Computer", however, it IS displayed in Device Manager. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue so that the drive is accesable from "Computer"?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: The drive is in the Disk Manager in the Computer Manager, but the drive is "Unallocated". What do I do from here?

PS. Appologies if I sound n00bish!

Edited by FireFox276

Greetings.

I have just installed Vista Beta 2 (RC1 is in the mail), and I've got a 2nd HDD installed. The problem is, is that the drive doesn't appear in "Computer", however, it IS displayed in Device Manager. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue so that the drive is accesable from "Computer"?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: The drive is in the Disk Manager in the Computer Manager, but the drive is "Unallocated". What do I do from here?

PS. Appologies if I sound n00bish!

No worries firefox,

if the disk is showing up in device manager as unallocated then the disk is blank, was there information on this disk before? is the disk showing up as a foriegn disk? by the name there would be a yellow triangle with a exclimantion point in it. if there was nothing on the disk to begin with you will need to format the disk in disk management and assign it a drive lettter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Fir...276/diskman.jpg - screenshot of my disk management.

There was nothing on the disk to begin with.

Please note that the drive "LACIE (E: )" is a removeable drive.

The "unallocated" drive doesn't appear in the top list, but is there in the bottom. I can't assign drive letters or format the drive using the bottom section.

Any sugesstions?

hmmm so do you have vista installed to which drive? because from the look of it there is only E:\ and i am pretty sure vista cannot be installed on a Fat32 drive. anyway, you will need to right click on the unallocated space first and format it. during the format proccess you will have a chance to give it a drive letter