Editing WINNTBBU.DLL For Dummies

Destruction will complete in :rolleyes:

your windows will be ready in

bugless part of windows will end within

your food will be ready in

u'll be able to surf in

u'll return to your computer in

hehe I guess I'm bored too :)

Ok syssetup.dll controls almost all of the text above the progress bar - Ive removed it all and most of the time, Im left with just the bar (which is what Im going for right now). BUT, I cant seem to find where it says "Installing Network" or that Preparing for installation, completing installation, building file list, copying, deleting stuff that also appear right after installing network. If someone has been able to find this, and change it, I would like to know because I want to remove it. TIA

I recently managed to download and test Ogre's WINNTBBU files and had a running setup using just the cab file version on a slipstreamed XP Pro and home CD, i recently updated the OEM install files and since then whenever i start an install all I get in place of the text per line is the hex id 3g 1f 3e etc instead of displaying the text

I'm quoting myself from earlier, i still haven't fixed this problem, however, my XP Pro installs are fine, the XP Home installs give the error, does it make any difference if the WINNTBBU file used is from Home or Pro, are they interchangeable, if not that maybe my problem although i can't find a difference myself... :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dunno...I mean Ive watched the 2k thing like 30 times now...and if it does it probably loads quite a few...like after installing the drivers...the screen goes away, then pops up installing network...so I assume its 2 files just for that...tho i think the end is all one...the saving settings restarting thing...but from what I can see I think its a different file for each...and youre still gonna have the stupid windows box with the progress bar...might as well have it say something than a gray screen with a blue windowtitlebar...I will look into if there is a way of getting it to display like windows xp/2k3...maybe through reversing someone elses post on how to make xp use 2k setup...

UPDATE...

It looks like it is contained in syssetup.dll dialogs...

The next thing is how to make windows setup only show one screen...some basic "Windows is installing" all the time...as I said after drivers...components pops up and then save setting blah...but how to make windows not close one dialog and goto another is the question.