My screen is blue hue-d

roger04

Hello all,

I hope you guys are willing to help me, recently my monitor had turned blue hue on off a couple of times. Sometimes it stays blue for a very long time. I don't think it's any settings fault. Either the monitor or my Vidcard. I recently installed Americas Army 2.7 game and played it. Could that game been to harsh to my monitor/vidcard since that game is a heavy program..? any advice?

TQ.

One of the electron guns in the monitor might be dying.

See if you can compensate with 'color balance' or similar setting on the monitor.

LLXX, do you think I can repair the guns if it's minor problem like soldering or something..? :unsure: Is it safe to open?

Is it worth to send it for repair? Mine is a Samsung 753DFX CRT monitor. Or is it better to get a new monitor? Which type of monitor is suitable for gaming?

Thanks.

LLXX, do you think I can repair the guns if it's minor problem like soldering or something..? :unsure: Is it safe to open?
I've heard nothing but horror stories and danger warnings about opening up CRTs. Supposedly there is some serious capacitance inside there and you can get zapped if you don't know what you are doing. And I would venture to guess that adjusting the guns is not easily done.

I've heard nothing but horror stories and danger warnings about opening up CRTs. Supposedly there is some serious capacitance inside there and you can get zapped if you don't know what you are doing. And I would venture to guess that adjusting the guns is not easily done.

Most of those screens have 45.000 volts on the tube so yes there is a possibility of shock if you touch the wrong parts.

@ roger04,

Don’t try to fix it your self, it’s not like replacing an air filter on a car. There could be a loose contact inside the monitor too. Like trickytwista stated; Better to get a new screen, maybe a TFT? Samsung would be a good brand to stay with, Viewsonic and some other brands have good screens too.

Test the monitor with another pc and/or the pc with another monitor if possible.

It's most likely the monitor, but graphics cards/chips also fail sometimes.

If the problems remain it's time to say godbye to the old one and get a new, preferably a high quality TFT.

Older TFT's had problems with fast games, but those problems are no more with most modern monitors.

And yes, you do need to recycle the old one properly.

I've had similar problems with my LCD, when the cable is moved the wrong way the hue changes from what it is normally to a green, sometimes a blue. never gotten a red though lol.

CRT's are very cheap, you can even find good ones at a nearby dump....