nLite 1.2 RC - Return of the warrior II

nuhi

Gawoozle, did you use meulc's dutch september pack? There was an error in his entries.ini which caused this error, I got it too. It should be fixed now so just re-download

And a quick question: If I integtrate my silicon image 3112 sata drivers as txt-mode do I also need to add them as pnp or does the gui-mode just use the same driver?

@TiMiN8R:

Thanks, I did use that pack! I'll give it a try again soon. I downloaded the pack this monday I think, wasn't it fixed by then? Since the septmber pack has been around a while I guess :angel ...

Edit: I read the posts at RyanVm's, It should fix my error. What a coincidence :)

Edited by Gawoozle

Yes, it was fixed on Tuesday. I installed it today and it didn't give me the error anymore.

I am having some other issues though. During the setup of the Unattended area I chose the silver skin and set my computer name, but after installation I had a different computer name and the blue skin. I'm using a dutch winxp sp2 and 1.2rc. Not a big problem, it's just that it's not supposed to be like that right?

Edited by TiMiN8R

Hi' Every time I try to install I get an error that says line 0 of nlhive.inf is corrupted setup cannot continue. The only option I used was the unattended install. Ive tried remaking it many times I keep getting the same error and i checked in the folder there is no nlhive.inf. Can someone help me? Does anyone else have this problem.

Nice Work Nuhi .. but I have a few problems ..

First is the fact that you have moved the "Company Name" and "Full Name" under the users section, not quite as obvious as it was when it was on the General Tab (IIRC) with the serial number etc. I missed it first time because I thought it was the "Full Name" under User Account properties not the name for the install. Purely cosmetic though and not a massive problem. I also liked being able to "click and drag" addons up and down the list, this functionality disapeared a version or 2 back and you must now use the up and down arrows which can be a pain when moving things from top to bottom etc.

However the main problem is this evening I made an ISO with nLite 1.0.1 then remade the same ISO with nLite 1.2rc (AND removed a few more things) the new ISO is 7.5Mb BIGGER than the old one.

Surely removing more things should make the ISO smaller?

I've attached both .ini files for analysis

Plasma

{EDIT - Custom theme wasn't applied either}

Old_Last_Session.ini

New_Last_Session.ini

Edited by Plasma

What is the way to integrated nlite with Xpize & Meulc's sp2 update pack dutch? The taskbar and my desktop are in the normal windows style. I have read that nlite have a problem with a file of the update pack. What can i do?

Ohhh i see now

After instal have I a the theme: Windows Media Style, if i set that theme: windows is totally xpized. In Nlite set: Insert all local and then set Default Theme on: Windows Media Style

Sorry

Edited by arco

RogueSpear, argh for the bug, hip hip for the versioning :)

Lamer, it's really Comtrol, ok about popup.

nLite scans the file, nothing I do there. If it's not really limited then don't worry about it what is scanned at the place where is the value for the limit. Keep it as current (10) or put at default for it not to touch the file.

blackspawn, thx fixed

Camarade_Tux, too much :)

Fixed the icon, turned off auto sort in tweaks.

I right click on services page and choose the option...it works for multiple selections also.

ssjkakaroto, ok gonna try that sequence

BoogieMan, using clean installation files and use only 1.2RC will solve your problem, nlhive is not used by nlite any more.

Lemonzest, heh reading your first message...downloading sp2 beta...oh hold on second message...dopamine injection ;)

Avneet, what bugs? I'm not saying that there aren't any, especially in tweaks - visual...but what is that what you're waiting to be fixed?

ricktendo64, thanks but top Digg stories get from 1000-2000 votes...those are seen by millions.

Thanks for another great freeware program that really improves my computing experience, every time I use XP! Windows is so much slimmer and thus a lot faster.

I'm having trouble getting my Wireless internet working on an nLited XP... and I'm not sure if I need all the stuff nLite covers up when I select that I need Wireless... so I have to try and find out which I do and don't require.. Also there seems to be something removed that f***s up the install of my wireless software (that detects and connects to the WLAN). Some troubles but I'll work it out, maybe with some help from the community.

Cool, haven't played with nlite in a few months...

Just trying to implement hotfixes on a XPSP2 iso, and get this error:

"This hotfix isn't made for this Windows version!"

But the hotfix in question "IE6.0sp1-KB918439-Windows-2000-XP-x86-ENU.exe" is for XP32bit.... what gives?

Looking in the list of fixes, I could not see that a bug I (and others) have reported before has been fixed:

The bug gives a windows login screen with empty username field after boot, if you haven't logged in after 5-10 minuttes...

As described here> http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=67093&hl=

Gonna test new version a buit, but first impressions are good! ;)

Lastly, any plans to make nlite support multiple cpu cores? to speed things up ;)

Edited by -.-PhanTom-.-