nLite 1.2 RC - Return of the warrior II

nuhi

would be struck in the head by an incoming meteor and die.

Hey, that's not very nice. Don't wish death upon someone for being annoying. Maybe a smack in the face or stub their toe on a rock underwater, but not death. :P

Why don't you all start a new thread dedicated to the finer points of version numbering methods. If a software author wants to assign the version of 3.14BLOW666ME I could care less just so long as it works.

Hehehehe, funny version number. :lol:

I am not a religious person at all, but I pray that all of you who insist on discussing something so completely assanine like what is beta, RC, final, major version, minor version, etc. would be struck in the head by an incoming meteor and die. Why don't you all start a new thread dedicated to the finer points of version numbering methods. If a software author wants to assign the version of 3.14BLOW666ME I could care less just so long as it works.

CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

my all/none buttons are like rougespears too

nliteplacement.png

when i resize the window, the two buttons stay in the same place and i can't get them to not overlap..

1280x1024 res

does it with windows classic theme too

-stop harrasing each other about version names, does it bother you what another user says that much?

Edited by bledd

Hi nuhi,

Tankyou for working so hard on nLite! :thumbup

I did test the last beta and the laters RC. In both i got the same problem wen making the iso file.

When i hit "Make Iso" it only makes a iso file of my $OEM$ folder. That never happend to me with any older versions of you're great program.

My folders are like this:

N:\UWXPCD_ROOT\$OEM$

N:\UWXPCD_ROOT\Extra

N:\UWXPCD_ROOT\I386

I add my last session a** attachment. Maybe its helps to find the problem.

Kindregards,

Frank

Last_Session.ini

Edited by Ut\Collector

Trying new version now. :)

I have a bunch of questions and bug reports :

• SMBUS, IDE Controllers, CPU drivers : are they absolutely needed ?
    Let's say I remove AMD CPU driver. Can I install XP on an AMD machine or will it simply die ?
    XP doesn't recognize AMD64 and Turion64 CPUs so keeping them may be useless.
    (I know VMWare emulates an AMD CPU...)
    Same goes for AGP Filters
  • My source is SP1 fully updated with HFSlip. Is it normal I can remove Blaster/Nachi removal tool ?
  • How is network provisionning needed by Wireless Zero... Does WZCS will forget my networks ?
    (WZCS is bad but some drivers are worse...)
  • It is said UPnP Host is needed by TCP/IP Printers.
    What is a TCP/IP printer ?
    Does it have anything to do with the netbios ones ?
  • I don't know how my lastsession.ini looked like but nlite did not read the product key from my winnt.sif
  • nlite's icon seems to be 16x16, at least in Alt+tab
  • nlite lets the user choose between "high compression" and "not high compression". I think it would be better with more choices.
  • What is WBEM logging in Tweaks ?
    I know a lot of windows things. That one is still unclear to me. Of course, google helped but a comment is really needed.
  • Does Remove Pinned Apps List from Start Panel kills the functionnality or does it only remove MS's shirtcuts ?
  • Smooth edges of screen fonts has three different modes. I wanted to disable it and froze because of the caption (Standard) of the third mode which is usually the "Disabled" one.
    Of course, sorting modes alphabetically is nice but it doesn't really mater when you only have 3 words.
    I'd wrote "Cleartype\nDisabled\nStandard".
  • Same for tooltip animation and menu animation
  • I've finally understood one windows tweak thanks to nlite : 'use a background image for each folder type". Thanks a lot. :P
  • You need to double-click on services to change their boot state.
    Simple click on the appropriate column was better imho.
  • I'm using nlite in english on a french source and while most services have their french name, some have an english one : "Print Spooler", "COM+ Event System", "COM+ System Application", "Logical Disk Manager", "Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service", "Task Scheduler", "WIA", WMI

Now, I just have to make a properly updated iso with hfslip (I slipstreamed SP1 hotfixes on an SP2 source)

(I slipstreamed SP1 hotfixes on an SP2 source)

WTF?!

Forgot that my SOURCE folder in hfslip was already patched with sp2. :)

Quickly corrected. ;)

edit : in fact, I forgot that but at the same time, my hotfixes were for sp2 in fact.

:)

Edited by Camarade_Tux

Thx for the new release nuhi! :D

Was the tweak to use the classic start menu removed from this version?

I think I found a "bug" easily reproduceable:

Go to the Bootable ISO page, erase a CD-RW, create a Image and try to Direct Burn. nLite will "burn" the files in less than a second, but in fact it doesn't even send any commands to the recorder. If I choose to burn the image or Direct burn without doing those steps, everything works fine.

Edited by ssjkakaroto

Nuhi - thank you very much for nLite in general :) It is very, very much appreciated. And now, with Directburn possible - SWEEEET! :D Thanks to Binary Magic too for that!

And the people on this forum who do their best to help, respond, and trouble shoot - you all kick a** :)

Hi there,

I found the following error when Windows was copying al the install files to the harddrive (first phase of setup, all blue, no GUI):

Setup is unable to copy audioadd.inf

Setup was running in VMware on a standard machine.

I've integrated a few drivers, but I didn't have any problems in previous releases. The iso is skimmed a little though nothing removed appeared to be vital. I use it for other people as well, so usability is my main criterion. The only addons I used are the dutch versions of RyanVM's updatepack + a .NET pack from the same source.

I've attachted my last_session.ini

I hope this helps,

Regards

LAATSTE_SESSIE.INI

What is WBEM logging in Tweaks ?

I know a lot of windows things. That one is still unclear to me. Of course, google helped but a comment is really needed.

It should disable WMI event subsystem and stop logging WMI events. See the *.log files in %windir%\system32\wbem\Logs (defined by Logging Directory value). If you don't need to use the logs, it will prevent from unnecessary disk I/O and also cpu usage every hour in Windows 2000. As you said, the Google would help. ;) Btw this tweak has been requested here.

Does Remove Pinned Apps List from Start Panel kills the functionnality or does it only remove MS's shirtcuts ?

Just a policy tweak to hide pinned programs list from the Start Page, Internet/Email checkboxes from the Control Panel and "Pin to Start menu" from the file context menu. It can be easily reverted.

I'm using nlite in english on a french source and while most services have their french name, some have an english one : "Print Spooler", "COM+ Event System", "COM+ System Application", "Logical Disk Manager", "Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service", "Task Scheduler", "WIA", WMI

Some names are loaded from Windows installation files. I've already told nuhi that it's weird. I would like all services to be translated normally via *.lang files. Extracting all strings from archived files would take much time.