nLite 1.2 RC - Return of the warrior II

nuhi

Would have been better to call this beta 2 instead of RC, or atleast call it RC1. people might think this is gunna be bug free, its likely that there will still be alot of bugs in this version.

thanks for the bug fixes though, new features aint needed imo, we just want a nice stable 1.2

all software have bugs .....but thats how things are......

Would have been better to call this beta 2 instead of RC, or atleast call it RC1. people might think this is gunna be bug free, its likely that there will still be alot of bugs in this version.

thanks for the bug fixes though, new features aint needed imo, we just want a nice stable 1.2

if u have found any bugs and u r sure thats nlite then post them and dont write such posts

like boooggy said, all software have bugs...hope u know that o_O

nuhi, how did u manage to implement win2k rollup 1 support ? if i'm not mistaken, if rollup1 is integrated and then after windows boots up and you install IE6SP1, some of the rollup files are replaced with older versions, so if you go to windowsupdate it will show rollup1 as not installed. what i do is, i've created an IE6SP1 addon which installs from SVCPACK.INF followed by another addon with Rollup 1. That way they both install properly with no files replaced. Finally, at Runonce I have the updates that require IE6SP1 to be installed.

I've found a cosmetic only issue. On the page after source selection, where you chose the tasks, if you maximize nLite the "All" and "None" buttons are not appropriately placed. The attachment shows them just to the left side of the tasks, but the first time I ran through this it was more of a problem because they actually were placed over the "Options" button.

post-31429-1159879890_thumb.png

What are 'AGP Filters' exactly?

I have AGP 8x card and if I would not import my AGP Filter I would get only AGP 1x.

Ok, so anyone with PCI-E can remove these then... correct? Still it would be nice to have your above statement or something even more descriptive/eleborated from Nuhi implemented. Would be significantly more helpful. :D

Edited by Jeremy

hiya nuhi!

always had problems with some of the visual tweaks, but things went a little crazy this time...

nlite 1.2rc

xp pro, sp2, ryanvm hotfix cab 2.1.2 integrated with his utility (1.4.2)

this is what i have discovered so far...

disable animated menues not set

small icons in start menu not set

display log-off not set

expand printers not set

search the internet in start menu not removed

none of the network adapter settings were applied

none of the visual tweaks applied

2 DEP entries in boot.ini (noexecute=optin and noexecute=alwaysoff) only the latter should have been set

shared docs not removed

new connection wizard not removed

system tray warning after log-on: windows cannot locate the disk clean-up wizard (which was removed)

i did a couple things different on this build:

i integrated the raid driver for my via chip -- setup detected the drives fine, but i was still prompted for the floppy later in setup (that may well be something i did wrong)

i changed the %user profile% path to 2nd drive: d:\usr

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by atomizer

A couple typos in the removal section:

Network --> "Comtrol"

Operating System Option --> Application Compatibility Patch --> "popoup"

And why is it reporting that Windows Server 2003 only allows 10 open connections for TCP/IP? The default box value was 16777215. But I don't want nLite to touch the file AT ALL. Last time I ran nLite 1.0.1 it did something funky and I got an error about tcpip.sys during the install, so I put back the original file onto the disc. Looks like I'll be doing the same thing this time just in case.

A couple typos in the removal section:

Network --> "Comtrol"

Operating System Option --> Application Compatibility Patch --> "popoup"

And why is it reporting that Windows Server 2003 only allows 10 open connections for TCP/IP? The default box value was 16777215. But I don't want nLite to touch the file AT ALL. Last time I ran nLite 1.0.1 it did something funky and I got an error about tcpip.sys during the install, so I put back the original file onto the disc. Looks like I'll be doing the same thing this time just in case.

where is it reportin "only allows 10 open connections" ?? and where u see the value 16777215??

default is always 10 if u r usin a clean win 2k3 cd

Since when is a RC considered to be bugfree? It's a release candidate, it MIGHT be bugfree, but there are no guarantees.

I am not a religious person at all, but I pray that all of you who insist on discussing something so completely assanine like what is beta, RC, final, major version, minor version, etc. would be struck in the head by an incoming meteor and die. Why don't you all start a new thread dedicated to the finer points of version numbering methods. If a software author wants to assign the version of 3.14BLOW666ME I could care less just so long as it works.