How to do a 2 cd install

well this is not the place for it but basicly a radeon 9600 pro is faster than a 5900 ultra in anything htat needs dx9 level hardware. Nvidia has been cheating to no end a denies everything. The half life2 beches jsut hit the net and nvidia is once again denying everything but even at nvnews (a fan site for them) nvidia has been getting flamed.

One guy who was a die hard nvidiot who even had a 5800 ultra and a 5900 ultra had taken his nvidia sticker off of his case and was pretty angry at nvidia. He's getting an ati card by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Community,

I'm a Stupid German Man, my English iss Bad an I Hope some Germans or another people who can understand and speak German can Help me.

I have a Problem with the Script in the First post from webmatic, i dont use the same *.cmd files and i dont use *.inf files.

I use scripts like this

hotfixes.cmd

hotfixes2.cmd and

programme.cmd for the second CD.

Now, my problem is the script for the 2'nd CD, i dont now how to make it for my *.cmd files.

In Deutsch :

Ich habe ganz einfach das Problem das ich das script nicht für meine *.cmd dateien angepasst bekomme, weil ich nicht genau verstehe wie das funktionieren soll.

I Hope some People can Help me, and I hope some People understand what i mean.

Ich hoffe es kann mir jemand weiterhelfen.

brb

Animator

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks for this nice guide !

I prefer to use VMWare, it works really well.

Bravo for your clear guide!

Now I am using also Virtual PC 5.2, and i change my mind, I think it's great too. :)

One more time "Un grand BRAVO" for your Forum. :rolleyes:

:D

dosnet.inf is just used to copy files for text mode setup, it's not used for finding stuff. When you boot from the XP CD, dosnet.inf isn't even used. There are 2 files you want - layout.inf and txtsetup.sif.

Layout.inf is used to find stuff. INF's use layout.inf to see what cd a file is on, things like that.

txtsetup.sif is used by setup (and windows pe). It's used like layout.inf, but it's only used for setup. You probably want to edit txtsetup.sif.

-gosh

• 2 weeks later...

OemFilesPath
Specifies the path to the \$OEM$ folder (containing OEM files) if it does not exist under the i386 folder of the distribution share point.

Syntax OemFilesPath =path_to_$OEM$_folder  
Value path_to_$OEM$_folder
Example OemFilesPath = "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\OEM_Files"

Comments The path can be a UNC name. Enclose path_to_$OEM$_folder in quotation marks if it is a long file name.

For more information about the \$OEM$ folder, if you are a computer manufacturer, see the Microsoft Windows XP OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) User Guide. Otherwise, see the Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Deployment Guide.

Could you technically use OemFilesPath = "%CDROM2%\$OEM$" and just move your $OEM$ folder onto a second cd, then make sure both cds are in the drives when installing Windows?

In theory this should work right? I want to test it but I'm not sure how to do that in Virtual PC, and I'm out of blank DVDs at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...