nForce 550 RAID drivers?

Kramy

Resolved.

I feel like a nummy nut not being able to figure this out...but I'm having a huge challenge installing XP Home on a Biostar TForce 550 with 4xRAID 0+1 320GB seagates. Just what drivers do I need for RAID on such a board?

No cryptic or undetailed answers please; I tried the drivers off the site, and they all fail, both with nLite Integration(which pops up a generic error message when slipstreaming) and via Floppy/F6. I also just finished trying every single nvraid driver I could find on the CD, but they didn't make that easy, since there's about 15 of them on it. :angry: The most logically named one(MCP55) also causes BSODs before the HD partitioning screen.

Figuring maybe it was an XP quirk, I tried it with Win2k, and that also failed. Basically, the drivers actually wanted by the device are nowhere to be found(unless I'm blind), which leaves hardware defects on the table. Can anyone help by confirming that I am blind, by pointing to the exact (working) drivers I require?

I figured I'd ask in the nLite section, since an nLiter is the most likely to have tried before. :lol:

Edited by Kramy

Not sure why, but seems unattended CDs don't like my Biostar TForce 550. :( Good thing to know if anyone plans on getting an AM2 system. I resolved all blue screens by attended-installing Windows 9 times. The first 8 times it had BSODs at various parts, all without a filename listed. The last time it made it through.

-I copied to RAID drivers to several different floppies and flipped floppies every time it wanted the files. After files were read off a floppy, the disk would be useless and require a format.

-Half way through the 9 attempts, I flipped floppy drives and got some new floppy disks, to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Between the BIOS issues, RAM issues, IDE port issues, floppy disk issues, and driver issues...this mobo certainly has kept me busy! :blink:

On the bright side, now that I finally have it working, HD Tach has informed me that my 4 drives in RAID-0+1 have a burst speed of over 360MB/sec! Awesome way to end the day! :thumbup