Question regarding...

Hello All,

Since I have been having so much trouble with the RunOnceEx method of installing my applications. I stubbled across WPI. It looks great, and pretty straight forward, but here's is my question. Is there a way I could specify where I want the programs installed, and can I have the icons setup in certain folders in the Start Menu.

Here is an example on what I would like to do;

Files ...........................Installation Directory.....................................Start Menu Folders

MSOffice......................c:\Program Files\1-Applications\MSOffice.........1-Applications\MSOffice

Nero 7.........................c:\Program Files\2-Multimedia\Nero7...............2-Multimedia\Nero

GetDiz.........................c:\Program Files\3-Toolbox\GetDiz..................3-Toolbox\Getdiz

Personally, I perfer to have my system setup this way, because IMO it's easier for me to find what I need, and it looks clean. So, with that being said, can this be done in WPI, and if it can, can someone be so kind as to steer me in the right direction. I appreciate all the help. :D

Edited by gyrene2083

@gyrene2083,

You could install these apps with altered command-line variables, response files, and/or scripts/autoit scripts/re-wrapped applications depending on where you would like to install them and the kind of install they are. Plenty of data on this subject within this forum (specifically at MSFN Unattended >Intermediate Users>Applications...should take care of the first item.

You can also specify for some of the installers where to place the icons. (AllUsers, Default Users, Current User, etc.) There is also a section in there that talks about user profiles and cleanup files that will delete, move, and copy links to your liking...Second item.

I believe this is the normal install procedure for most in this forum.