how to remove msn messenger 4.7? from xp CD?

tspirit85

hi guys, i have been reading and searching but i cant seem to find anything to do with removing msn messenger 4.7 from my xp cd so when i install xp it doesnt come up? i am using runonce commands and wpi, plus nlite, basically msn 4.7 is anoying old and not what i want, i basically want to remove it and silent install any other new up to date msn messengers like msn 7.5 or live. can anyone give me a link or explain what i can do please thank you.

i checked there is only something called messenger and that is only 20kb and that is in the remove components and te services bit, i cant see anything to d owith msn messenger 4.7 anywhere else, any clue where it can be? or am i at the right bit?

hi guys, i have been reading and searching but i cant seem to find anything to do with removing msn messenger 4.7 from my xp cd so when i install xp it doesnt come up? i am using runonce commands and wpi, plus nlite, basically msn 4.7 is anoying old and not what i want, i basically want to remove it and silent install any other new up to date msn messengers like msn 7.5 or live. can anyone give me a link or explain what i can do please thank you.

Best way is to use a winnt.sif file either in the i386 folder on the CD or on a floppy and place this entry under components

[Components]

msmsgs=off

that stops it being installed

Best way is to use a winnt.sif file either in the i386 folder on the CD or on a floppy and place this entry under components

[Components]msmsgs=off

that stops it being installed

i was just about to say that. ;)