The ultimate solution

Shark007

I never push my releases here. you find em, you use em.

It's time to push my codec package.

Come have a look. Check it out, There has been MAJOR changes recently, if you tried it in the past, try it again.

I have one suggestion for those willing to check it out, please UNINSTALL all filters and codec you currently have installed. You can always reinstall them if you aren’t intrigued enough to assist in its further development,

Feel the power of MSFN users ...

shark

good work brother but let me ask u if u dont mind,

is it better or k-lite mega codec pack? coz k-lite plays also the real player and quick time video

exactly what kind of reply do you expect from the author? Of course my package is better.

I just ask that you check it out, and if you aren't completely satisfied, tell me what you didn't like.

I'll probably change it to your liking unless your request is way off in left field, then I'll suggest you use kLite.

by the way .. my package was just listed on Betanews.com

shark

Edited by Shark007

K-Lite Codec Pack, Windows Media Lite, Real Alternative Lite and QuickTime Alternative Lite.

Does your codec pack do all that in one shot?

yes. :thumbup

Really... well, then I must try it. Soon as I get home (2 hours). ;)

Windows Media Lite

I just did some research on this ware. This is specifically tailored for basterdized windows versions.

no, my package can't make up for your removals from a windows installation.

If you currently require this installation, you'll will still need to install this. sorry for speaking to soon.

shark

This is specifically tailored for basterdized windows versions.

Freeware. Basterdized? It's called an nLited Windows installation.

And the Windows Media Lite isn't just made for those who reduce their Windows source, it's also for people who like to view the latest Windows Media content without needing to install newer versions of WMP.

Edited by Jeremy

Ok, a very poor choice of words on my part.

I'm sorry for that.

Anyway, you obviously do understand that this content cannot be included because it also come with a BIG WARNING that it should not be installed on windows versions that include WMP.

shark

Anyway, you obviously do understand that this content cannot be included because it also come with a BIG WARNING that it should not be installed on windows versions that include WMP.

Should not be installed on Windows versions that include WMP? 99.9% of all Windows installations in the world have WMP on them.

If you take a look at this topic, you'll notice how a forum member was having codec issues with WMP and the WML I linked him to actually resolved his issue.

Edited by Jeremy

When i asked google for 'Windows Media Lite', the #1 answer is free-codecs.com and this is my source of information for this product. I assume these are comments of the creator which specifically state:

This package is specially for those people who have removed Windows Media Player 7/9/10 from Windows XP/2003 using tools like nLite or XPlite

Warning:

- Do NOT use this package if you have Windows Media Player 7/9/10 installed!

I will head the authors warnings since my expected audience is the average Windows user. For those that have removed WMP, like yourself, and want to view content that the other 99.9% of users are able to view natively, you will still need to install Windows Media Lite separately from my codec package.

My codec package will do everything else you need it to do.

By the way, i test this with the WMP11 beta's, and everything is working nicely.

shark

suggest add media classic on it too... and handle all media

quicktime mp3 plugin still there.... it must get rid of .... cannot save mp3 by clicking on mp3 link from firefox.... it will be play by quicktime....

remove flash / shockwave plugins....

make them separated.... because they are not codec....