Install Theme by default

ok here goes when you save your theme you can have a background set in it. But you an also use this in the registry.

;[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]
"BackupWallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper\\Sunset.jpg"
"Wallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\wallpaper\\The Beach.jpg"

when i do this...the wallpaper does not change, maybe becouse i don;t have active desktop enabled?...if so, how do i do that?

enable active desktop maybe. If you want to totaly hack up your registry then things will not work as you want for some things. Also remember that jpg's as a desktop will only work with active desktop enabled. Otherwise you will neeed to use bmp's. Also to note I have not tested this by turning off active desktop. I do this for setup's for customers also and for their systems you dont want to mess it up to bad or else you get service calls about why your systems are messed up. A custom theme is ok but you dont want to go turning everything off.

Ok i have found a way to bypass windows file protection and let you login using your default themes and msstyles like you want.

I'm working out the bugs in it now but should have something to show within a few days.

Good :)

Ok i have found a way to bypass windows file protection and let you login using your default themes and msstyles like you want.

I'm working out the bugs in it now but should have something to show within a few days.

Any more info on this one yet,

I have a cd on standby that i couldnt get this working on.

Thanks

how bout making a shortcut to ur msstyle file and placing it in the startup menu (or better yet, in the reg) so it loads up the theme choosing box (display props). Then all u need do is click 'apply' and/or 'OK'. (i know, not automatic but close enuf for now)