Problem with BCDW 2.01a, prevent from booting

chon_

Hi, I recently started testing "Bootable CD Wizard (BCDW) v2.0a1" for my multiboot DVD (I've always used cdshell), it works great, but I want an option that lets you choose whether to start from cd or not. After a lot of reading, I found that adding the file bootfix.bin from my XP Cd in the BCDW folder will do he trick, but guess what? It doesn't!! it keeps booting from the DVD :(

Am I doing somethin wrong?

Any help will be much appreciated ;)

sometimes I create a regular bootcd with BCDW2 and put the BOOTFIX.BIN file in the right folder (BCDW), but sometimes it fails when I use MS Virtual PC, but when I burn a CD or even when I test many times in the VPC it works. I think it's a little bug...

try it sometimes and see if works....

@uid0

That's exactly the "temporary solution" i'm using for now, but I don't like it as a definitive solution, i'll keep trying. Thanks ;)

@The008

Interesting! I'll burn a dvd later today and test it.

I will also do what mediapla is suggesting.

Thanks, to all, i'll let you know how it went!

• 3 weeks later...

I use BCDW 2.0a exclusively. There is aplace to define your default option as well as timer settings - whether on/off and duration of time delay. The default could be one of the boot images on the CD rom.

It also supports options of Power Off ( works with ATX), Reboot, Boot from Floppy, Boot 1st HDD, Boot an ISO umage.

Never had a problem with it.