Not sure if XP prob or hardware..HELP,

shielah

I am trying to burn a simple Music Fisc from song that are on my PC

every times I attempt to burn anything it says you much first put ina blank Disc to record to..well this IS a dang disc in there, it just is not picking it up or something...I have changed dics and they are all new, memorex CD R

I chenkc the properties, says it is enabled, opens and closes but windows is not showing there is a disc in to record on

It says please insert a blank or rewritable CD....well there is one there dumb PC...

Can anyone please help me .

Thanks

I am trying to burn a simple Music Fisc from song that are on my PC

every times I attempt to burn anything it says you much first put ina blank Disc to record to..well this IS a dang disc in there, it just is not picking it up or something...I have changed dics and they are all new, memorex CD R

I chenkc the properties, says it is enabled, opens and closes but windows is not showing there is a disc in to record on

It says please insert a blank or rewritable CD....well there is one there dumb PC...

Can anyone please help me .

Thanks

It's far more important at this stage that you get your spellchecker to work.

yes, Sorry I am not so &$(#) perfect....thank for the help to...you now it takes me much less time now of beating a dead horse before I realize it's dead.

I have only posted a few times here, the first time everyone was nice and helpful...

since then nothing...JUST NO HELP AND JERKS because I am in a rush and cat spell

why do you get you attittude of aholism checked

thank for nothing freak :realmad:

yes, Sorry I am not so &$(#) perfect....thank for the help to...you now it takes me much less time now of beating a dead horse before I realize it's dead.

I have only posted a few times here, the first time everyone was nice and helpful...

since then nothing...JUST NO HELP AND JERKS because I am in a rush and cat spell

why do you get you attittude of aholism checked

thank for nothing freak :realmad:

Calm down... how are we supposed to find a solution to your problem if you can't even explain it properly?

Well LLXX, shielah has explained it to the best of his ability from what they have observed.

shielah, does this issue occur with just one type of software? Or does it occur with many kinds? What I mean is, does it occur with Nero only, or does it happen with Nero, Sonic, and the XP burner software?

You can purchase a CD/DVD cleaner to clean the lens to rule out that issue.

Alternatively, you may wish to power down and unplug the computer from the wall outlet. Then open the case and check the connections for the CD/DVD drive, making sure everything is properly plugged in.

If all else fails, you may be able to find a local tech shop to help you fix the issue. nakira has pretty much covered all the possible issues though. :P

Calm down... how are we supposed to find a solution to your problem if you can't even explain it properly?
That was exactly my point, for all I know "shielah" (sheila?) could be trying to burn protected WMV's. It sounds like a problem with the drive, or possibly with the driver... but as to what's really going on is anyone's guess.